AVI Laboratory Systems Amplifier Remote Control ????

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Howietripleb, May 4, 2010.

1. Howietripleb

Howietripleb

Hey there...

I'm fairly new to these forums so please bare with me.

I have an AVI Laboratory Systems amplifier bought in 2005.

It was supplied with a One For All 121142 remote control. When purchased I could not get the remote to interact with the amp in any way. Seeing as though the amp was very close to where I was sat then I thought nothing more about it.

I am now moving house soon to a house where I will need to be able to use this amp remotely.

So calling all AVI owners :

What remote control's do you successfully use in conjunction with the AVI Lab Series Integrated.?

Have you found any problems with having to program your remote to 'talk' to your amp? - I have heard from another past AVI customer that AVI kit was always difficult to control remotely even when AVI said it could be controlled by a Phillips RC-5 remote.

Please help...

Howietripleb, May 4, 2010
  2. Howietripleb

nando nando

philips,
    nando

nando, May 4, 2010
  3. Howietripleb

Labarum

The boss of AVI hangs out here

http://hddaudio.net/

Sign up and ask Ashley James directly. He is always happy to talk about his products.

Labarum, May 5, 2010
  4. Howietripleb

Howietripleb

Cheers Brian.

Will do. I have found out that more recent AVI Lab Sys Int Amp's were shipped with One For All 7562 remote control's. I managed to buy one today from Argos but frustratingly it would not connect to the amp when choosing code 0269.

I have a suspicion there is something wrong with the remote sensor on the amp, either that or my amp, even though it's a Laboratory, it might not comply with Philips Rc-5 protocol even though the manual that came with the amp said it did.

I hope Ashley James can help.

Howietripleb, May 5, 2010
  5. Howietripleb

Spence

I have heard the Logiteh range of remotes work well with these amps.

Spence, May 6, 2010
Ask a Question