Ayrton Senna Voted World's Best F1 Driver

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Musicraft, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Musicraft

Musicraft

Ayrton Senna has been voted the best F1 driver of all time in a poll by Autosport. :)

The survey canvassed 217 world championship drivers with 9194 starts and 270 victories between them.

The top 10 F1 drivers of all time are:

1. Ayrton Senna

2. Michael Schumacher

3. Juan Manuel Fangio

4. Alain Prost

5. Jim Clark

6. Jackie Stewart

7. Niki Lauda

8. Stirling Moss

9. Fernando Alonso

10. Gilles Villeneuve

Btw, 11. Nigel Mansell, 17. Lewis Hamilton, 30. Jenson Button

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft, Dec 13, 2009
  2. Musicraft

nando nando

AYRTON WAS ALWAYS MY FAVOURITE SKILLED DRIVER IN ANY FORM , SPECIALLY ON OVERTAKING OTHERS IN CONERS, to me the day he died was a very sad day and lost interes in F1 due to the technichs that made his car a guinie pig and that very famous and dangerous bend had no hay,.
    bless him,
    nando.

nando, Dec 13, 2009
  3. Musicraft

Dev Moderator

I think this sort of list is a bit meaningless due to the changes in car designs/rules etc. For example some drivers might excel in high downforce cars while others in high power low grip etc. I certainly don't think that Fernando Alonso has done enough to be considered a "great". If he's great that Lewis Hamilton must be greater:).

Regarding Senna, I agree he was a great driver but it would have taken just another driver with the same "win at any cost attitude" in a competitive car and neither would have finished any races. Martin Brundle once said that if a driver saw Senna in the mirrors about to overtake him, he knew that he (Senna) was coming through whether he got out of his way or not, and most often drivers did get out of Senna's way.

Dev, Dec 14, 2009
Ask a Question