Bankrupt England, Bankrupt Europe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nando, Oct 20, 2010.

1. nando

nando nando

well we are all in this together! are we? who is we? this to me is worse than any political elected goverment that has ever happened in the u.k. yet we are to pay for their greedy and lavish live style, i am sure they wont starve, good on the french they have balls, wer here do not.

nando, Oct 20, 2010
  2. nando

penance Arrogant Cock

Sorry Nando but you cant blame the present government for the shit state the previous one left our country in.

Ofcourse hard cuts have to be made, its the only way to recover from Blair and Browns mess.
    If we protest we will only make the austerity last longer.
    Suck it up and get on with it.

penance, Oct 21, 2010
  3. nando

nat8808

Who said it was in a shit state?

Are you (we) just sucking up BS so that the Torys can enact all the cuts they've always wanted to but without protest?

£7 billion is cut from public services to decrease 'the deficit' whilst over £700 billion is dished out to RBS and LLoyds. Take £7 billion from that bailout instead and it wouldn't have effected the banks at all.

Follow that with another £70 billion in quantitative easing and watch the purchasing power of your savings and wages drop even further..

This before the banks reveal even more undisclosed losses next year (of course after Christmas bonus payments are completed) and get a second wave of magic bailouts..

The cuts are hogwash, nothing to do with deficit - they are separate to the real and shadow economies that govern the heath of the nation's finances.

Now, there's a fearful reason for inaction! We might get beaten if we complain.

In fact, QE and bailing out the banks will extend the hardship and austerity - we are headed for decade long depressions like Japan if this is the course of action we continue to take.

Let the economy fall drastically now by allowing the banks to fail and it will be hard but swift! Had we done this back in 2008, we'd probably have been over it by end of next year.

As it is, it's only just starting!

nat8808, Oct 21, 2010
  4. nando

Dev Moderator

I do wonder how much money the treasury will get back if/when it's shares in the banks are resold.

Dev, Oct 21, 2010
  5. nando

nando nando

this issue has being coming for years ago, now penance you tell me why me or we are to be punished for their fxxxs up? and we do not have the balls to stand up to all this unconvetianal people? caan we not get up and stand forour rights?

nando, Oct 21, 2010
  6. nando

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

The £7bn could have been reduced to £1bn if voadafone had paid there tax bill

themadhippy, Oct 21, 2010
  7. nando

nat8808

And all the other billions lost in tax avoidance, mostly from the very same banks we spent money saving.

The money from the banks won't be recovered by selling the shares - that is impossible. Of course they will show us some sums that show the government made a profit on something but the full amounts given to them will not be disclosed, there's more going on for example lending to banks at 0% and then borrowing the same back from them at 3%.. A secret way of giving them money.

There are many other things going on too like that and the banks will later disclose yet more bad debts and investments. The estimated bad debt that the US investment banks alone hold and have sold is greater than the entire GDP of the whole world, many many trillions.. The only thing you can do is write it off which means either destroying the banks or destroying their customers instead (all the pension funds) or a very long and slow wind-down of all these debts.

No short term interested politician wants to be the one in charge as a very fast and hard recession sorts it all out - their party will never see power again in their lifetime. Therefore the only option is the very long, slow and difficult wind down, decades long lowering in living standards and services.

nat8808, Oct 22, 2010
  8. nando

titian

We are not Bankrupt.
    Greetings from Switzerland.

titian, Oct 22, 2010
  9. nando

la toilette Downright stupid

That's cos you've still got all that Nazi gold ;).

la toilette, Oct 22, 2010
  10. nando

titian

No that gold is since a long time in the States, Guernsey, Man, Jersey ...
    It is safer there you know. ;)

titian, Oct 22, 2010
  11. nando

nando nando

england sold theirs, so now we only have silver.

nando, Oct 22, 2010
  12. nando

Pete The Cat

Point of order. England is almost bankrupt - apart from Wayne Rooney.

Pete

Pete The Cat, Oct 23, 2010
  13. nando

nando nando

maybe we sould sale wooney to get us of debt,

nando, Oct 23, 2010
  14. nando

nando nando

IS THIS THE BEGUINING, revolt towards the new so called govrment? tory hq building what will happen now, i guess they will tax us more to repair the building,

nando, Nov 10, 2010
  15. nando

tommy1

Bloody freeloading students protesting makes me laugh. The lazy sods haven't even paid anything in yet. They've just taken 18 years of free health care, free dental care, mostly free education, 18 years of child benefit etc. They don't know what a hard days work is, send them out to work 40 hours a week, hard graft and then see how much energy they've got left for protesting.

tommy1, Nov 10, 2010
  16. nando

TheCherub

On the flip side, you've got a load of politicians who very much enjoyed their free university education now inflicting significant difficulties on lots of students. I suspect you've not been in a student since tuition fees came in and the grant went out.

Don't get me wrong, they've taken it too far with these protests, but the general hypocrisy of those changing the rules is pretty galling.

TheCherub, Nov 10, 2010
  17. nando

Dev Moderator

This is fine, don't support the "freeloaders" but when there is a shortage of engineers, doctors etc. because we as a nation did not train enough "freeloaders" through universities will you then complain of jobs going to foreigners?

The way I look at it, the students are the future of our society.

BTW, I'm not condoning the violence.

Dev, Nov 10, 2010
  18. nando

nando nando

totally agree, but also we workers should also stand up for our rights in a very civil manner but effective to bring down the idiotic selfish goverment,

nando, Nov 10, 2010
  19. nando

nando nando

this student's should go as the old method of paying the old fees after all lib dem said in the prior elections they were going to abolish students fees, but they are more interested in china, ironic arse cameron is telling china to be more western orientated and help their studants on human rights, cameron , MESAGE FOR ME ASS, DANCE A YARD BEFORE YOU DANCE ABROAD,

nando, Nov 10, 2010
  20. nando

tommy1

Point taken everyone. It pees me off listening to their whinging on about what a hard time they have of it. If student life was that hard how come they have so much time for recreation? Trouble with this country is people always expecting financial support. In Tommys world there would be no child support. If you can't afford kids then don't have them. The planet is hideously overpopulated, the only way to save it is to breed less. Rant over.

tommy1, Nov 11, 2010
Ask a Question