Been offered a big contract - having doubts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Aug 30, 2009.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

On the Corsa site they reckon it would fetch £800-£1000 because its a very high spec model and not really any rust so it would make a perfect base car for them. I paid £1150 for it but round here decent 13 year old Fiestas fetch £800! Its power steering, 0-60 in 13 secs, 103 mph top speed (I haven't tried!!) and group 3 insurance keep its value high.

Even L reg Corsas in good nick go for £500 round here because small cars are just in huge damand. It was by far the cheapest 16v car I could insure but also has all the electric windows, mirrors etc.

I paid £1150 for it which was on the high side but if you remember everything I was looking at was a rotten shed even at £1k.

At the moment including petrol and insurance its costing me just less than £20 a week which not even twice the cost of a bus pass :) For this reason as dull as it is I suspect I have to keep it until things really start going wrong, the engine dies or the just gets too expensive to keep on top of the MOT.

amazingtrade, Sep 8, 2009
  2. amazingtrade

DavidF

OK so say its worth a grand.

Keep it srerviced and run it carefully its going to give you economical motoring for a few years.

Buy something for 5K and you've got that deprecation to consider.

BTW, so it does 60 in 13 seconds, I'd say thats about 3 seconds fsater than my transit connect.

You tell me its all electric.

Now, remind me why its boring?

DavidF, Sep 8, 2009
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I would get bored of anything. It probably partly my mates winding me up down the pub as I have a reputation for not keeping cars very long :)

Driving wise the main thing I don't like is the vague gearchange its not as slick as the Fords I have had but that said there is nothing wrong with it as a tool you just don't feel like you're engaging in the machine but then so many modern cars the same.

As I said above I will keep this car until it breaks :). There is just a bit of a keep up the jones is thing going on at the moment as I have the oldest car out of all my mates but that is just silly :)

amazingtrade, Sep 8, 2009
  4. amazingtrade

DavidF

I would knock that one on the head.

There is alway someone out there with something a bit better than yours.

Fact of life.

DavidF, Sep 9, 2009
  5. amazingtrade

Setting Son

What Mick said.

Setting Son, Sep 11, 2009
  6. amazingtrade

DavidF

Discuss it with her.

:)

DavidF, Sep 12, 2009
  7. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

he needs to see how much his competitors are charging - no good asking £60ph if they're only charging 25...

mr cat, Sep 12, 2009
Ask a Question