Bel Canto DAC2, Behringer DEQ2496

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

For sale:

Bel Canto DAC2. One of the best DACs I've heard, with a lovely lucid sound, inky blackness around instruments, and a wide and 3 dimensional presentation to the sound. I've heard it against NOS DACs, modded Behringer DEQ and SRCs, Meridian 203 and Benchmark DAC1, preferring it to all of them. I've also compared it to high priced Audio Research DAC and the newer Bel Canto DAC3. The AR had the edge, but not by much, and the DAC3 sounded virtually the same. Be aware that the AR cost around £3500 and the DAC3 around £2500. So in DAC terms, it's pretty damn good.
    In great condition, comes boxed and with Zanash made digital interconnect and power cable. Has optical and coaxial inputs, with RCA phono outputs.
    I believe that Stereophile rather liked it in some of their reviews. Here's a link to the BC blurb on it:
    http://www.belcantodesign.com/prod_DAC2.html

I've used the unit on the back end of both a Meridian transport and SB+ to good effect with both.

£425.

Behringer DEQ2496. Pretty much a cut priced TACT room correction unit.
    This amazing little box contains analogue to digital convertors, digital inputs/outputs and it's own 24bit DAC.
    So at a basic level, it can be used as a straight external DAC, and Tenson (on ZG) has a set of mods that can improve it to be a pretty competitive unit (similar sounding to a Benchmark DAC1).
    In addition to that, it can conduct real time measurements of a room, real time correction of the room, or manual correction at say specific frequencies. Personally I found that despite using it's digital input, that it did have some negative effect on the sound, however, the benefits in my old flat of being able to dial out a massive bass hump more than made up for those.
    So, if you really don't have a great room, this is an ace unit.
    Comes boxed, in good condition and includes a 5m XLR terminated cable and the ECM8000 mic.

£115

I'm located in south London and am happy to dem either unit to anyone collecting. I can post but that will be restricted to within Great Britain (i.e. England, Scotland and Wales, NOT Northern Ireland).

Any questions, please drop me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
    Mr_Sukebe, Nov 10, 2007
  2. Mr_Sukebe

hifinutt

pm sent

hifinutt, Nov 11, 2007
  3. Mr_Sukebe

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Could you please explain why you restrict posting to the UK - this is quite an international forum and I and others might have been interested otherwise.

SteveC, Nov 13, 2007
  4. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Prices now dropped on both items (see opening post).

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 16, 2007
  5. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Steve,
    It's purely to simplify my own job, so please excuse how lazy I am. I have once had occasion where something I sold on Ebay was damaged in transit. The buyer returned the unit and I gave the person a full refund. If I were to deal outside of GB, that process would be vastly more complex and expensive, and I simply don't want to get into that arena. Hi-fi is purely a hobby, and I really don't wish to add any stress to that.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 16, 2007
  6. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Note: The Behringer is now sold.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
    Mr_Sukebe, Nov 18, 2007
  7. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Final reduction on the DAC2. If no interest, goes on Ebay on Monday evening.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 24, 2007
  8. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Bel Canto DAC2 now provisionally sold.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 26, 2007
Ask a Question