Belt for Philips CD960 CD drawer

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Surdo, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Hello,

I have a Philips CD960. The CD drawer has been a bit fussy and sometimes the transport opens again on closing - but it usually closes after a couple of goes and the machine played well. I took it to a shop here in Brasilia - they returned it however saying I needed to take it to an authorised Philips repair shop. Luckily there is one - but unluckily, they just called be to say the part necessary, the "belt", is no longer available and the machine cannot be fixed.

Does anyone here know where I might source a new belt - or if there's another belt type that can do the job?

After the first shop had a look - the draw is now completely broken - a bit upsetting!

Cheers and thanks,

Iain

Surdo, Oct 29, 2014
  2. Surdo

rockdog 1960 I only hit it once !

Hi Iain that's a pity the cd960 is a great machine have you tried e-bay? .I've had several belts from china for a few pounds .Delivery takes a while but I've had no problems. Good luck!

rockdog 1960, Oct 29, 2014
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Surdo, Oct 29, 2014
  4. Surdo

DSJR

I forget where my belts came from (The Micro Seiki shares a CD960/CD94 etc. etc. chassis), but you need to CAREFULLY replace them all. Take great care with the 'tuning cord' style drawer movement arrangement and for Gawd's sake, be extra careful with the flipper tab switches.

Remember, this machine is nearly thirty years old now and Philips were notorious for never having backup spares for very long, after models were discontinued.

DSJR, Oct 30, 2014
Ask a Question