Black Rhodium Cables

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by andrew1810, Aug 30, 2004.

1. andrew1810

andrew1810

Hi,

I need a new cable between my AV amp and my Nicam VCR. I have seen both the Black Rhodium Illusion and the Black Rhodium Harmony for the same price (£12), both terminated with Eichmann Bullets. Which is better?

It will probably be used on the minidisc deck and I will juggle the cables around to replace the JVC used on the VCR as it is too long.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2004
    andrew1810, Aug 30, 2004
  2. andrew1810

notaclue

Better sound quality wise? I would bet that they sound the same. So, why not make your choice based on the name?

For me, 'Illusion' is quite mysterious sounding. It make me think of, errr, illusions and things like that. 'Harmony' sounds more, ummm, harmonious and make me think of things that are in harmony. Oh dear, that wasn't a very good idea. :(

Maybe buy the one that has the highest recommended retail price?

notaclue, Aug 30, 2004
  3. andrew1810

Rory satisfied

well, the Illusion isn't screened (its just Black Rhodium T90 speaker wire), so between your vcr and av amp will probably pick up some RFI. I believe the Harmony is screened, although check on www.blackrhodium.co.uk

i personally coudln't gripe with the sound of either though. I maintain BR interconnects are amongst the finest sounding per pound on the market :)

Rory, Aug 30, 2004
Ask a Question