Blue Angel Audio Mantis

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by starcrazy, Nov 20, 2009.

1. starcrazy

starcrazy

Interest check for a superb mc cartridge.
    I bought it a while ago and haven't used it yet.
    Former owner had it rebuilt (insurance matter) and, after buying another replacement cartridge during repair, decided to sell it being as new again rather then to use it.
    It is a snakewood body.
    The maker sent me following mail about this cartridge before I bought it myself:
    "Greetings from Belgium acknowledged with thanks. As far as I remember, Dr Hartwig lent his cartridge to someone and its ruby cantilever was broken off. The cartridge came back here around the end of last year/start of 2009 and I rebuilt it completely and updated it to the current specifications with lighter armature core, new coils, damper, connecting pins and thicker, anodised mounting plate."
    Asking £1400 ono. Mail me.
    I'm selling to finance other projects.

starcrazy, Nov 20, 2009
  2. starcrazy

starcrazy

Up!
    Read the reviews about this cartridge.
    It's as good as it gets and latest specs.
    Want it, make me an offer! :MILD:

starcrazy, Nov 25, 2009
  3. starcrazy

r4_life

StarCrazy. Gonna be difficult to proove that the cartridge has not been mounted and played a couple or 200 hrs worth of play time.

r4_life, Nov 29, 2009
  4. starcrazy

starcrazy

Indeed, I cannot prove this.
    Then again, is my word not good enough to save yourself £1000 on a new wooden body one with ruby cantilever that now in fact has the same specs as this one does?
    I bought it because it was for sale then and is rarely or never offered for sale second hand in order to mount it after we move to a new house where my set will get its final form. I'm selling some gear to fund other projects in this house.
    One can always buy another "ultimate" cartridge later on. I still use my Dyna 17D3.
    It's just an interest check, maybe I'll keep it once the 588 and 504 are sold, because I probably won't find a new Mantis at this price again.
    Regards, Pat.

starcrazy, Nov 29, 2009
  5. starcrazy

vincula

By all means keep it! André is a great chap and will always back up any of his wonderful creations. The Mantis is a very special cart, and one to treasure, since it will most likely become a one-of-a-kind classic for analogue lovers worldwide. If I had the money for it right now, I wouldn't think it twice :cool:

Regards,

Vincula

vincula, Nov 30, 2009
Ask a Question