Budget PC Speaker System

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Si1veR, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Si1veR

Si1veR

Hi, I would like to have the best PC speaker system for about £60-90 which have alot of bass, I currently own a Sonos 1 however it cannot be connected to PC. I have looked at Creative T40, and some other speakers, but I am very new to audio. I was hoping someone would have some recommendations for me. I'd appreciate it. Any other details you need please ask. p.s. I think 2.1 sounds about right for the subwoofer :) + I already have a headset, want speakers for when friends are round and listening to music mainly

Si1veR, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Si1veR

Jack Walton

Ok, did a quick conversion and £90 seems to be around $120 (today). There are loads of PC speakers available on the market and bear in mind that you can pair almost any Bluetooth speaker with your computer nowadays - provided your setup is not too old and is Bluetooth enabled. The original Sonos had no Bluetooth capabilities - which was annoying, to say the least! - but almost all the more recent models do. So, you could keep building on your Sonos configuration and keep everything nice and similar.

I guess the issue might be that they're not going to come in under your budget. So, if you're looking for a purpose-built pc speaker, take a look at this list on Outeraudio. At under $100 I like the BOSE Companion for it. I also like the PreSonus Eris - also under $100.

Both of the speakers above are "wired" speakers, which is a bit 1980. Looks like most of the wireless speakers on that list are going to put you out of budget, but you can find some decent Logitech's there. Finally, remember you can filter by price on Amazon... ;-)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Jack Walton, Mar 9, 2020
Ask a Question