cartridge/arm upgrade..is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by madscientist, Mar 29, 2011.

1. madscientist

madscientist

Hi Guys

I am currently running a Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck TT with origami re-wired RB300 and Denon DL110 through an Exposure super XV amp into Neat Elite SE speakers. I have been reading a lot about the supposed benefits of a better arm/cartridge to really make the NAS sing. What is your opinion? would a more expensive arm/cartridge give me a bigger bang for my buck? Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers
    Paul

madscientist, Mar 29, 2011
  2. madscientist

Neil

I think your arm/cartridge combination is pretty good but I think you should try to have a listen to the space arm, perhaps with maybe sumiko blue point special - or push the boat out with a Lyra argo i?
    Although for the same sort of money there's lots else you could do. I might listen to a few other speakers.

Neil, Mar 29, 2011
  3. madscientist

RobHolt Moderator

Agree with Neil, the DL110 is superb but that deck deserves something better.

In addition to the Lyra you could also try the Dynavector DV17/3 and Audio Technica AT33PTG/2.

The Dynavector is the least characterful of the bunch and gives as very honest and true picture of what is on the disc, if that floats your boat.

RobHolt, Mar 29, 2011
Ask a Question