chario hiper sub woofer wiring

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Rocky101, May 19, 2017.

1. Rocky101

Rocky101

I have recently to a much larger location I have two Vintage Chario Hiper sub woofers. I have only ever used one in my system, now I wish to connect both together in safe way for both the speakers and the amp. each Speaker is identical and houses a push pull config The specs are for each speaker are as follows

one 250 mm paper subwoofer LEFT (shielded)

one 250 mm paper subwoofer RIGHT (shielded)

each unit double-voice coil / long-throw type

92 dB SPL 2.83 V / 1m

35/120 Hz @ -3db

flat top 4th order

150 Hz (HIPER BASS + HIPER 1000)

4 Ohm

rated for 50-120 W / 8 Ohm

440x580x470

35 Kg

On the rear of each speaker are eight terminals 4 per channer (2 x R in & 2 marked R sat out)

(2 x R in & 2 marked R sat out)

I would be grateful if someone can inform the correct wiring for the two speakers together, I want to use the two channel output from an Arcam 8 amp to drive them which has a low end impedence range of 4 ohm per channel...... No response from Chario they don't appear interested in thier legacy products and nothing about Hiper Sub on The web, it is strange as they were expensive when bought......Waiting desperately

Rocky101, May 19, 2017
  2. Rocky101

goodhifi

The Hiper Sub is a stereo device and as such Chario never intended two of them to be used in a stereo system. The safest would be to wire the two units in each enclosure in series so not to drop the impedance too low. However, the balance between sub and satellite outputs might be compromised.

goodhifi, Jun 1, 2017
Ask a Question