Classe CA 100 Balanced Power Amp *Relist*

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Advocate, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Advocate

Advocate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=320098413610&rd=1&rd=1

One of the best Affordable High-end Power Amplifiers
    i)AudioFile Magazine - Feed the amps top quality recordings and what will emerge is a classy, silky sound that succeeds in getting the listener more involved in the proceedings.
    ii)Stereophile - softer, richer quality over the broad midrange that spoke of vacuum devices(for the big brother CA 200)
    http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/297classe/
    Relisted because the winning buyer did not pay Sigh…..

Specifications
    i)100w X 2 - this is a high-current amplifier that can drive most speakers. It was on demo with the B&W 703 (4 way) and really managed to control the speaker.
    The amp is really heavy thanks to a huge transformer!
    ii)Switchable to Monoblock
    iii)XLR and RCA inputs

Build
    You really have to see the item to appreciate how well-built it is. The front panel is crafted out of a solid aluminium with massive grab handles and the unit weights more than 15kg!

Condition
    As you see in the photos, the condition of the amplifier is good. Since I bought it four years ago, it has been a hifi-rack in a smoke/pet free environment and was cleaned with a damp cloth occasionally.

I bought the CA 100 new for 1100 pounds.

Sound
    This is why I bought the amplifier after auditioning so many others. This amplifier has the power and control of a solid-state amplifier together with the fluid and refined vocals found in tube amps. I've owned many other amplifiers such as the Arcam P85, the Roksan Caspian Power, but they have not been able to control my floorstanders well and the bass tends to boom. But this amp does it just fine!

I'm selling it together with the rest of my hifi components since I am moving to a smaller place that lacks the space for a proper hifi setup.

Advocate, Mar 30, 2007
Ask a Question