Come on Aston! Come on Audi!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lbr, Jun 15, 2008.

1. lbr

lbr monkey boy

Well, I've managed to see through the night watching the 24 Heures du Mans - 3 hours to go and it's shaping up to be a classic.

Aston's 009 race pace has been enough to pull a reasonable lead over the 63 and 64 Corvettes, but it's still all to play for. At the top of the pack, Audi have taken full advantage of the early morning rain to put a lap on the blindingly quick Pugs - now the track is dry again, the Pugs are chasing and we're in for a great few hours :D

lbr, Jun 15, 2008
  2. lbr

lbr monkey boy

and in they come; Audi P1 in LMP1, Aston P1 in GT1. Well done guys - well deserved win for McNish and great to see the DB9 in Gulf livery.

lbr, Jun 15, 2008
  3. lbr

Dev Moderator

Well done to Audi and Aston.

Dev, Jun 15, 2008
  4. lbr

badchamp Thermionic Member

Just got back from Le Mans!!!

Long tiring weekend with most classes being closely fought. Peugot definately had the upper hand until the rain arrived.

Was kinda torn. Quite wanted Peugot to win cos Audi have won it for so long and also their cars looked way cooler :D. but McNish gave a good interview in our marquee so was quite pleased he won.

The Astons looked great, sounded great and had a real battle with the rather too loud, raucous Corvettes.

Great experience but not sure if I'd do it again.

Next off to Brands on 29th for some classic car racing - much more relaxing :)

Jeff

badchamp, Jun 17, 2008
  5. lbr

lbr monkey boy

Nice one Jeff. I've been out there many years on the run, but this year was forced to make do with Eurosport. I did miss the noise (but not the warm beer...)! :D

lbr, Jun 17, 2008
  6. lbr

badchamp Thermionic Member

Lbr,

The beer was nice and cool but the food a bit monotonous!

Apparently 258k crowd this year. Feel as though I bumped into everyone of 'em.

How do you normally travel?

Jeff

badchamp, Jun 17, 2008
  7. lbr

lbr monkey boy

I take the ferry/tunnel to Calais or Cherbourg and then drive down from there, avoiding the toll roads. To be honest, I always really enjoy trip down - lots of over-excited Brits in exotic machines doing silly things on French roads! Great fun avoiding the gendarmes (spelling?) - like a mini Gumball rally!

lbr, Jun 18, 2008
  8. lbr

sandgrownun

Another regular attendee here, happy to cheer the Aston win and enjoy listening to the Corvettes growl round. We go down on bikes, stay in a hotel 40km from the circuit. Wonderful assortment of vehicles driven by the spectators as always this year.

sandgrownun, Jun 18, 2008
Ask a Question