Competition Time

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ian, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Ian

Ian

To kick-start the opening of the showcase section, we're having a competition to win a new Google Chromecast! They're really great devices for getting audio/video streaming on your TV. I use mine as a convenient way to stream music from my phone to my amp in the lounge - it'll work on anything with an HDMI input.

It's really simple to enter - all you need to do is post a little bit about your audio system in the showcase with some pics (here's a really good example of how the showcase works on another site). Your showcase will be linked to your profile so that other members can see what your setup consists of, it's a really handy way of showing off your gear :).

You can create a showcase entry on this page:
    https://www.audio-forums.com/showcase/

Just click the orange "create entry" button in the top-right corner.

The pics you upload to the showcase will be displayed in a gallery at the bottom of the showcase page. You can make several showcases if you have distinct audio systems (i.e. a home cinema in one room, hi-fi in another). An automatic discussion thread is attached to each showcase entry so that others can comment on your system.

Each showcase entry counts as one entry into the competition. You'll also need at least 5 posts on the forum this month (April 2015) so that we can make sure that the competition is open to active members (please don't make one word filler posts!). The competition is open to all members other than myself and ends on 1st May 2015, and I'll draw a random winner as soon as possible after this date and arrange delivery of the Chromecast.

Good luck to all entrants! Any questions, just ask in this thread :).

Ian, Apr 2, 2015
Ask a Question