Connect a wireless microphone (MC Crypt UHF-2032) to Pioneer VSX-930

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by moh19814, Aug 9, 2018.

1. moh19814

moh19814

I am absolutely new to these things and that is why i am asking for any help.
    I am trying to connect a wireless microphone system (MC Crypt UHF-2032) to my AV Receiver (Pioneer VSX-930).

The MC Crypt UHF-2032 wireless Mic has three types of output (XLR Balanced MIC A, XLR Balanced MIC B, and 6.3mm Mixed Unbalanced).
    The Pioneer VSX-930 has three sets of Audio-In inputs (DVD: R and L; Analog CD: R and L; and SAT/CBL: R and L). R: is colored red, and L: is white.
    In between I am using a Mic preamp; namely: Behringer MIC2200 Ultragain Pro.

I am taking the 6.3mm Mixed Unbalanced output of the MC Crypt UHF-2032 and connected to the 6.3mm channel 1 input of the MIC2200-preamp (using a 6.3mm mono cable). Then, I am taking the 6.3mm output of channel 1 in the MIC2200-preamp and connected to the DVD: R and L input of the Pioneer VSX-930 (using a 6.3mm mono to 2x RCA splitter).

The volume of the wireless microphone is at maximum. Also, the output level of the preamp is at +20dB (max).

The Problem is that, sound comes out from the connected speaker only when I raised the master volume (in my Pioneer AV Receiver) all the way from -70dB to +12dB with extended surround mode (5.1 speaker setup) !!!; and one can barely hear it !!!

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?
    I asked for your help! What am I doing wrong here? any ideas ?!!

Thanks

moh19814, Aug 9, 2018
Ask a Question