Connect Smartphone to Car Sound system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ozdennisb, Dec 3, 2016.

1. ozdennisb

ozdennisb

Is there any way in which, apart from bluetooth, a Samsung S5 smartphone can be amplified through the sound sytem.of an older car which does not have either bluetooth, or an inport (whether usb or jack)?

ozdennisb, Dec 3, 2016
  2. ozdennisb

Ian

Ian, Dec 4, 2016
  3. ozdennisb

ozdennisb

Thank you Ian
    Inasmuch as I do not have any input ports or cassette play inbuilt into the car systemI thought it most likely that I would need to access the existing system through adding a port. Thankyou for confirming that.. It well appears that the considerable reconfiguration and additional cable connection required to effect what is needed, probably would not be cost effective. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to you and all at AF.
    Dennis B
    Melbourne Australia

ozdennisb, Dec 5, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  4. ozdennisb

leaudiophile

Yeah, you just need a jack to jack cable. Straight from the headphone socket to the car headphone socket, this will drain your phone battery, rapidly, though.

leaudiophile, Jan 3, 2017
  5. ozdennisb

ozdennisb

Thankyou leaudiophile . As indicated in my last post, the vehicle does not have any input sockets, including a headphone socket. New Year blessings to you. .

ozdennisb, Jan 3, 2017
Ask a Question