Connecting ceiling speakers to Sonos connect amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Barzsam, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Barzsam

Barzsam

I’ve recently moved into a new property which already has 2 ceiling speakers fitted. There are Cambridge audio cables coming from the walls that are labelled HF- LF- LF+ HF+ (in that order). I have been told by the previous owner that these cables are for the ceiling speakers. I have purchased a Sonos connect amp but wondering which wire goes into which port on the back of the Sonos?

Attached Files:

Barzsam, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Barzsam

Sergeauckland

Unless you know what the ceiling 'speakers are it's impossible to tell. Those wires could go directly to the LF and HF drivers, or there could be a passive crossover. The previous owner should be able to tell you.

If there is already a passive crossover, then just join together the two minus wires, and join together the two plus wires and take them the + and - outputs of the ampIifier. If there isn't a crossover, you'll need to provide one.

S

Sergeauckland, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Barzsam

Sergeauckland

Oh, and I assume you have one of those 4 wire cables for each ceiling loudspeaker. If you only have the one, and both ceiling 'speakers are wired to one 4-wire cable, then you'll have to ask the previous owner how they're wired.

S

Sergeauckland, Apr 9, 2021
Ask a Question