Connector for umbilical power system

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by BL21DE3, Jun 4, 2004.

1. BL21DE3

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

For the current DIY phono stage project I'm thinking of a two box solution, due in part to the way I've layed the circuit out and partly size/asthetics. So I've been looking for a connector system for the umbilical power cord from the power unit to the 'audio' unit. However since I'm using valves I need it to handle 325V DC 250mA. I've found these NN22AJ at Maplin and according to the manufacturer's specs they're rated for 250V AC 40A. Would these be up to the task or should I look elsewhere/scrap my crazy idea?

BL21DE3, Jun 4, 2004
  2. BL21DE3

penance Arrogant Cock

penance, Jun 5, 2004
  3. BL21DE3

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Cheers for the suggestion Penance. I think I'll contact Cliff Electronics and Neutrik and see if they can tell me what the DC rating is for the connectors.

BL21DE3, Jun 5, 2004
  4. BL21DE3

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Ok I've come up with an alternative solution of splitting the umbilical into two. So now I have to find a single connector that is capable of handling around 325V DC at 125 mA. I know BNC/TNC connectors are capable of handling 500V AC/DC (at least if I've read the manufacturer's specs right) but I'm not sure if they'd be suitable in terms of handling current. Anyone got any suggestions for what type of connector would be suitable? Any ideas/suggestions welcomed.

BL21DE3

BL21DE3, Jun 13, 2004
Ask a Question