Custom Built ATCs: SCM300AT variation..

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by nat8808, Jun 10, 2011.

1. nat8808

nat8808

An oddity here perhaps.. I'll show photos first:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are they?

They are a genuine ATC custom build for pro mobile, hi-end audio work with a slant toward higher spl than studio or domestic SCM300ATs.

They are based around the ATC SCM300AT active speakers, using the very same P4 monoblock amp packs, the same 34mm soft dome tweeter, the ATC 75mm Super Dome mid range but with top of the range twin PA375 15" drivers and an ATC designed short horn for the tweeters - all housed in a ruggedised, mobile cabinet. They weigh in at about 90kg each.

They have been designed for higher maximum spl and reliability at these higher levels hence the use of the PA375s (instead of SM375 15" drivers) and a short horn has been used on the tweeter to match treble output with the rest of the system.

They are just 3-4 years old and I have had them for around 2 years now myself, originally thinking I would use them in a studio project that never happened.

As you might expect, they sound superb - just like any other ATC. They need a big space to truely shine.

Once it was obvious my studio project wasn't going to work out, I did contact ATC to enquire about domesticating them to SCM300ATs - I was quoted £500 for each P4 chassis kit (the silver rack mount chassis) and £1k per domestic cabinet (I didn't get a quote for the SM375s in case I could get them 2nd hand).

As an idea of their value, current prices for ATC SCM300ATs start at £30k (plus VAT?), the P4 monoblocks are £6k EACH to buy separately and SCM300A Pro (not in a tower format) are normally £10k - £12k secondhand from a dealer.

I am looking for around £8.5k or will consider near offers..

These would be perfect for anyone with a barn to fill with sound, anyone who wants to provide very high quality sound on a mobile basis (I'm sure there's a DJ around who uses Klipsches and Koetsus) or for someone looking to convert them to full SCM300ATs for about 50% of their new price (check with ATC first that they're willing to help).

Demos welcome in central London.

nat8808, Jun 10, 2011
Ask a Question