Damaged speaker cones

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by GaryM41, Sep 6, 2009.

1. GaryM41

GaryM41

Hi all, I would really appreciate some advice. My delightful little four year old has just dented the cones on three of the four drivers on my PMC GB1s by pushing them in with his fingers. They do not appear to have been perforated.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to ways of "pulling out" the dents and whether is is likely to affect sound.

As an aside if anyone knows of suppliers for straight jackets for small children I would also be grateful!!!

GaryM41, Sep 6, 2009
  2. GaryM41

SMEagol Because we wants it...

audiolincs jim might know a way as some consonance horn speakers that were sold on here had the same problem on the bass driver. He's a nice bloke.

I know I saw a nice blond woman once who worked in Superfi wrap her gob around the baffle on a floorstander and literally (gently) suck the dome back out. Worked a treat although i didn't know which way to look.

also...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-18033.html

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    SMEagol, Sep 6, 2009
  3. GaryM41

RobHolt Moderator

If you have no luck from Jim or cannot find a willing blonde, take a very fine needle, gently pierce the dust cap and pull it back out.

RobHolt, Sep 6, 2009
  4. GaryM41

johnandchris

Vacuum cleaner.

johnandchris, Sep 6, 2009
Ask a Question