Deck overloading amp?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by EddieAudio, Jul 25, 2019.

1. EddieAudio

EddieAudio

Could anyone please advise on this one? When playing records on a Garrard deck into a Denon RCD-M41 DAB, the Denon has - I think - begun to overload when the turntable turns on/off (ie when the arm swings across). This has only just begun happening, and it only starts after playing a couple of LPs, so I'm guessing some warming up is involved somewhere.

Now the Denon just stops and produces a flashing red light when this happens, and it has two rates of flash: 0.5s indcates the protection circuit, whilst 0.25s is for "The amplifier circuit has malfunctioned . . .Contact the repair centre". I make it 0.25s and I'm looking to return the Denon under its extended guarantee (good old Richer Sounds) but I still suspect the deck. The Garrard has a switchable pre-amp and I'm supposing it has some mains click filtering somewhere.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

EddieAudio, Jul 25, 2019
Ask a Question