Denon universal player/DAC64 combination

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Paul V, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Paul V

Paul V

Has anyone any experience of the above combo ??. Would like to try DVD-Audio/SACD in my system at some point this year, and if I like what I hear I may buy a universal player, and would be interested in feeding the output from from the universal into the DAC64 [when playing CDs]. I only ask because my Toshiba DVD player [all £100-worth] doesn't sound too hot through the DAC64 when it's playing CDs.

Thanks

Paul

Paul V, Feb 17, 2004
  2. Paul V

lowrider Live music is surround

My Arcam FMJ DV27 sounds about the same as Michaelab's modded TEAC through external DACs, the ones on my Krell processor, so there is hope for DVD players, at least for some... :MILD:

lowrider, Feb 17, 2004
  3. Paul V

michaelab desafinado

The Denon DVD-2900 is leagues ahead of a cheapo Tosh DVD player in the transport stakes. Should work pretty well. IME the DAC64 works best (and is at its most transport independent) when hooked up with a TOSLink cable. The DVD-2900 has optical digital out so try that. I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 17, 2004
Ask a Question