diffraction control

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by jimdgoulding, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jimdgoulding

jimdgoulding Manufacturer

For conventional box speaker owners, short and spreading waveforms produced by surface mounted tweeters are being diffracted by the hard surface and edges of your speaker cabinets and summing in out of time and phase with what is arriving at your listening position. www.diffractionbegone.com, my small enterprise, makes natural wool pads 3/8" in depth and fitted to your speaker make and model to capture and remove that interaction and the offense to the linearity and time coherence your system is able to deliver.

Awarded a TAS '08 Golden Ear Award by techical editor, Robert E. Greene. You can believe it when I say that Professor Greene measures everything. Reviewer and customer capsules can be seen at my site with additional information.

Happy to answer anyone's questions. Thank you. Jim Goulding

jimdgoulding, Sep 18, 2009
  2. jimdgoulding

joel Shaman of Signals

REG is my guru. Just about the most un-foo voice in audio. I don't think he's technical editor at AS, though. Just a little too, ah, down to earth for that...

joel, Sep 19, 2009
  3. jimdgoulding

Hi, Joel, that IS his title. He is a reviewer also, as you know. When he's not doing that, he's a math professor at UCLA. Cheers and beers.

jimdgoulding, Sep 19, 2009
  4. jimdgoulding

joel Shaman of Signals

Yeah, he's got a book on Riemann series coming out shortly. Promises to be a real blockbuster :)
    Thanks for the info re title. I wasn't aware of that, although REG is almost absurdly overqualified for any job title in audio.
    Would you be able to make diffraction pads for Yamaha NS1000x (actually more useful on NS1000M, but X is what I have)?

joel, Sep 19, 2009
  5. jimdgoulding

I remember being in a dealer's showroom of speakers where he could instantaneously switch between speaks for shoppers. A couple was looking and when he switched to the NS1000's I up and blurted out . . "wow! which one was that?" Clearly it was the one to own in that pretty good company to include some Dayton Wright stat's. I've read a bunch are still in use in the Orient.

Can you give me a link where I can get a visual? Know where the mid crosses over to the tweeter?

jimdgoulding, Sep 19, 2009
  6. jimdgoulding

joel Shaman of Signals

Jim,
    Have all the data on disk somewhere. I'm going away for a few days, will get back to you on th w/e.

joel, Sep 21, 2009
  7. jimdgoulding

Alrighty.

jimdgoulding, Sep 22, 2009
  8. jimdgoulding

Markus S Trade

[​IMG]

Crossover frequencies 500 Hz, 6 kHz.

Markus S, Sep 22, 2009
  9. jimdgoulding

Thank you, Markus. I appreciate the time that took and the thoughtfulness. I imagine everyone does.

Joel, I am going to suggest that we surround your tweeters in the manner you see in my avatar only in black and precisely fitted to the available space on your baffles. But, I will also include some pads for you to try along side your mid drivers because where your crossover is a lot of vunerable leading edge, harmonic and fundamental information is being produced by your mid drivers. Question . . are those control knobs just under your grill peg holes? Or what? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
    jimdgoulding, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question