Discussions about AV Forums / AV Talk

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

It's unfortunate that recent threads discussion the feud between AV Forums and AV Talk and the various people involved (Spectre, UE, Ian J, juboy and UE) degenerated into vile and petty slanging matches between all the parties involved. Also, accusations of violent crimes and trading standards improprieties have been made (by both sides) with no evidence to back them up and without the individuals involved signing the posts with their real name and address (which would at least get me off the hook). I simply cannot allow that kind of thing to continue. When libellous accusations are made, if they came to court it would be my arse on the line, sitting in the dock, since I am ultimately responsible for what is "published" on the forum. I hope that everyone here can recognize that fact and think about what they post about other people and other organizations in the future. We may still only be 300 odd people here but the forum has a much wider audience than that.

As of now, any and all discussions related to the AV Forums/AV Talk/Uncle Eric/Spectre issue is banned from this forum. As with feuds from other forums (Mana, Naim) it doesn't do this forum any good if they spill over here. The discussions serve no useful purpose and only bring this forum into disrepute. I'm sorry if this appears to be an over-reaction or over-zealous moderating but I and the other mods here all have full time jobs and none of us can be expected to monitor the forum 24/7 and check all posts. For example, the first I knew of the recent "Auralex isolation" thread (now deleted) was a PM from a member who was disgusted enough by it that he no longer wishes to be associated with the forum.

I hope and believe that you all can excercise good judgement about what kind of content I'm referring to above. I'm not going to get into a pedantic discussion about defining precisely what is and is not allowed under this new "rule". Decisions as to what gets deleted will be those of myself and the moderators and the decisions will be final. People who persistenly ignore this "rule" will, as with other rules here, be banned.

I'm really sorry it had to come to this. I run this place because I think it has a need to exist and I do it out of my own pocket (allthough the costs are trivial) and in my spare time. Please don't abuse it. I think we have a great bunch of peole here and we're all pretty nice to each other 99% of the time so lets not let the odd personal issue damage the forum.

Regards,
    Michael.

michaelab, Oct 23, 2003
  2. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

I'm going to unstick this thread aswell. It's served its purpose and it doesn't do any good to have it up here as a constant reminder of battles long past.

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 10, 2003
Ask a Question