diy power supply.

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by rob, Sep 26, 2003.

1. rob

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

2. rob

zanash

Get rid of the nasty filter and it looks good.

zanash, Oct 2, 2003
  3. rob

Sid and Coke

I made one of these a couple of weeks ago , or should i say my version of one. It works a treat, the recommended Nuvo-Therm Tranny is silent and golden.
    I haven't got round to posting my piccys on my webspace yet , but the project is really easy and cheap to acomplish. I have owned an MF X-PSU in the past ( about 10 months ago ) and sold it as the sonic benefits that it provides in no way justify the unbelievably high prices that it commands on the S/H market. I just couldn't afford to keep it given it's value and performance. I think there is one on e-pay right now that is upto £250 with days to go. My previous firsthand experience of this device ( as a critical owner/user) tells me that that auction is about £220 over budget !

DIY is the way to go with this one, although it probably won't look anywhere near as cute as the original, that ( the basic cast ali tube) was a design classic (imvho), that came out at just the right time.

Sid and Coke, Oct 2, 2003
  4. rob

Sid and Coke

Justb took a few photo's and posted them up, Here's a link:

Sids PSU

Sid and Coke, Oct 3, 2003
Ask a Question