DIY speaker stand project...

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by DavidF, Apr 15, 2008.

1. DavidF

DavidF

Hi,

Briefly, I have been spending the last couple of years doing some audio experimentation with the help of a friend.

I had taken my speakers (stand mount) over to his place and put them on his stands. To say I was surprised by the sonic difference would be an understatement.

I was gobsamcked.

This lead me to wonder if there was scope for experimentation with different designs.

When I studied the designs (my old stands and Pete's) it was clear that Pete's were substancially sturdier.

So this is one of my experiments from during the year.....unfinished as you can see (i.e. no spikes at all and I've just started putting a base coat of paint on). Completed they will give an excellent sonic performance with superb (IMHO) soundstaging and dynamiics.

They were made up by my local metal fabricator. The dimensions are;

height 14"

Top+bottom plates 8.5"x 11" (just over 11 I think)

The top and bottom plates are 5 mil thick....again substantial to minimise vibrations.

The centre upright is 4 mil box section, drilled, so you can fill with sand/other.

In fairness there is just a trace of discolouration appearing at the edges but nothing I think that wouldn't rub down quite easily. Check out the guys welding....I think he has made a nice job.

So I nice DIY project for someone?

I'm just looking to cover my costs, £30 secures.

Collection from Market Drayton ,Shropshrire, or will deliver with in a 10 mile radius.

Can use carriage.....but it won't be cheap ....and I'd have to pass the costs on to the buyer!

Cheers,

David

edit the stands I am using are exactly the same design just a little shorter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DavidF, Apr 15, 2008
  2. DavidF

flyfisher Flyfisher

Are they still available, could be interested.

flyfisher, Jun 12, 2008
Ask a Question