DNM Pre/Monoblock Combo - Rare PA2B Monoblocks and 3B Primus pre

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by nat8808, Apr 15, 2008.

1. nat8808

nat8808

Hi,

I am considering selling my DNM pre/power combo which comprises of two very rare PA2B Monoblocks (100 Watts each - the most powerful DNM you will find and the ONLY monoblock). All in excellent condition.

I would be looking for £1800 for the lot with DNM pre->monoblock splitter cable - I might also have a spare DNM din->rca cable or two.

The PA2B Monoblocks are not just bridged PA1 power amps but were reworked by Denis Morecroft to accomodate the different design needed to properly handle 100W on one channel. The power supplies are also larger and are in a full size DNM case, each housing two transformers. Standard 4mm banana conectors for full-range or separate outs for Bass/Mid/Treble on 2mm plugs for up to tri-wiring. Not that many were made as far as I'm aware..

The 3B Primus Start was recently bought from Dennis himself, only 7 months or so ago - it had been fully tested and recondition by him. Fantastic Moving Coil Phono stage - separate cards for each channel and each RIAA stage, i.e. 4 cards, each hand made with descrete components. I've recently been using an Ortofon MC 2000 MkII (0.14mV) with no trouble at all.
    The 3B pre also has the facility for attenuating each input internally to adjust for different signal strengths which is particularly necessary for the direct (CD) input. Talking to Dennis Morecroft before I bought this, he said that the difference between this and the later 3C model is small and I think was more about the manufacturing process than anything else.

Reson for sale is simply a sideways step to a less powerful DNM amp (I don't need the power) and then saving money for a 3B/C Six pre when one comes along i.e. I'm staying with DNM!

By the way, I'm sure DNM can convert these to 110V for you and I would be happy to take them to him myself personally for you once you have arranged it with him (perhaps get him to ship them to you in proper crates instead?).

Anyway, I'll try to get some photos taken soon and you can come to audition if you want (I've, ahem, a range of speakers to listen to - too many) - I'm in central London. I can ship anywhere too which won't cost much in the UK and Europe but possibly pricey to elsewhere.

- Nat

nat8808, Apr 15, 2008
  2. nat8808

nat8808

bump..

Make me an offer? I can split..

nat8808, Apr 29, 2008
Ask a Question