Dual 1219

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Surdo, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Hi, I'm considering buying a Dual 1219 turntable. The price is a bit high by European or US standards but quite good here and the condition looks excellent:

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-603622393-toca-disco-dual-1219-_JM

Still waiting on absolute confirmation that it's not the US model which has no 110/220v selector. There's no cart either. I'll likely use a spare Ortofon OM 10 cart for which I have both a 10 and a 78 stylus. Perhaps I'll stick with this and upgrade to a 20 stylus - but if anyone has any suggestions for 78rpm compatible carts, please let me know. The Shure M97xe seems a popular choice. The AT440mla is too expensive here.

Worth getting? My other TT is a Project 1.2 and I'll be using both in different rooms.

Thanks

Surdo, Nov 22, 2014
  2. Surdo

Surdo

For better or worse, I bought it. Realised from the photo that the "tonearm ledge" is missing, but found one cheap online. Not sure if it's critical to mechanism or not. Cheers,

Surdo, Nov 22, 2014
Ask a Question