Earthing problem with pc or quad 303?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by chrispy, Nov 2, 2014.

1. chrispy

chrispy Quad fan

Hi, I'm new here so please be gentle, I have an Amp Labs modified quad 303, with Tisbury pre, ps audio dac and home built ( not by me I must add) home theatre pc. Since recently buying the amplification I have noticed audible interference when using the pc, I never had this trouble with my old amp(Leema tucana) I'm not technically minded so is there an easy fix to this problem? Many thanks Chrispy

chrispy, Nov 2, 2014
  2. chrispy

Tenson Moderator

You may not like the suggestion, but if the amp has been modified is it possible the grounding scheme has been changed for the worse? Alternatively has input filtering been removed and thus out of band noise is demodulating in the circuit?

How is the PC connected to the amp, through your PS Audio DAC? Optical, coaxial, AES? Interference is a very good reason to connect PCs by optical.

Tenson, Nov 2, 2014
  3. chrispy

chrispy Quad fan

It's connected via USB to dac, think I have a coax output on the PC, would it be worth sourcing a digital interconnect? I could live with the issue, but if there's an easy fix...,.

chrispy, Nov 2, 2014
  4. chrispy

chrispy Quad fan

You're other suggestions are over my head I'm afraid lol

chrispy, Nov 2, 2014
Ask a Question