Earthquake in Canvy Island.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nsherin, Mar 5, 2004.

1. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

A major earthquake hit Essex in the early hours of August 24th 2003. The epicentre was Canvey.
    Casualties were seen wandering aimlessly saying "bang out of order", "mental" and "that did my head in".

The earthquake decimated the area causing in excess of £17.55 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from Ibiza and Corfu were damaged beyond repair.

Three preserved areas of historic burned out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken before their giros arrived. The local paper reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered. They are still trying to come to terms with the fact that the damage was caused by something else instead of them.

One resident, Tracey Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of four said "It was such a shock, little Chardonnay-Leigh came running through the cardboard door into my bedroom crying. My hands were shaking so much that I could hardly skin up when I was watching Trisha the next morning". Another local resident known as Macca said the earthquake
    would not stop him going to work, after all, the Burglaries and Graffiti would not do themselves.

The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help with the crisis. Rescue workers were still searching through rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings which include benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Dukes, bone china from Poundstretcher and a number of Argos catalogues. However they were unable to save any furniture from Crazy George's.

How can you help?
    This appeal hopes to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in the disaster. Clothing is most sought after. Most needed are Kappa or other tracksuits (his and hers), white socks to tuck the tracksuit bottoms into, Burberry caps, woolly Benny hats and Reebok trainers. Primark clothing is most welcome. Food parcels are also needed. They include Mcains Micro-Chips, Aldi Beans, Monster Munch, Nutella chocolate spread and Iceland pizzas. Alcohol is also in short supply, mainly Lambrini, White Lightning cider and Carlsberg Special Brew.

Cash donations are also needed, 22p buys a Bic Biro for signing on purposes, £1.50 buys cheese & chips and £26 buys 200 Regal from Tommo who has just got back from Kavos

nsherin, Mar 5, 2004
  2. nsherin

michaelab desafinado

:lol:

Michael.

michaelab, Mar 5, 2004
  3. nsherin

julian2002 Muper Soderator

julian2002, Mar 5, 2004
  4. nsherin

angi73

As someone who lives in essex:eek: but definately NOT that part, i can only say how true the stereotypes are!! More proper essex girls than you can shake a stick at for instance. Remember playing Canvey island at rugby, now they were a bunch of foul mouthed pikeys!

It follows me around wherever i go when i get asked where I come from, even foreigners seem to know about essex. Oh well:)

angi73, Mar 5, 2004
  5. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Angi, I'm not surprised there, mate! I'll bet they were a bunch of pikeys! I feel sorry for you - Essex does get a bad rep as a result. Having said that, Portsmouth isn't that much better on the whole and it extends to Gosport, across the water. My ex (whom I think I finally got rid of the other week) hailed from there!

I work for local government and one of the housing offices is on the ground floor of our building, so you can imagine the types/argyments we get in there :eek:

<Post Edited> - apologies - I went a bit OTT after a few beers and a long day... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2004
    nsherin, Mar 6, 2004
  6. nsherin

mr cat Member of the month

blimey, seen this about a year ago!
    :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2004
    mr cat, Mar 10, 2004
  7. nsherin

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Seen this one a couple of times, Moss Side in Manchester, and a little nearer to home, the Sydenham estate in Bridgwater. Always amusing though.

ilockyer, Mar 10, 2004
  8. nsherin

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Sounds like a macrocosm of Rifford Road (Riff Raff Road) in Exeter.

Funny how someone on our newsgroups here at work moaned at me for calling it that. Since he could afford a decent house in Bracknell pre-move, you'd have thought he'd do his homework before commiting to a house in Exeter. Not my fault if he didn't do his groundwork properly and is now stuck in the middle of pikeyville - I mean, there's even a Lidl there FFS!

Mind you, I should keep quiet; I've drunk White Lightning in my time (he he - when I was unemployed for a month) and I got 65% on the online Pikey Test!

Oh - and half my work clothes are from Primark - why waste good money on work clothes when it could go on beer and music?

domfjbrown, Mar 11, 2004
Ask a Question