Ebay-negative feedback.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by adam, Oct 5, 2005.

1. adam

adam

What a waste of time this system is,you can't leave negative or they'll just give you the same!!

I sold a pair of B&W P6 on the Spanish Ebay,he met the reserve of 640 euros, he had 100% feedback,mostly saying,"fast payer" "friendly mails" etc,but has not responded to me after 7 days,so I've had to pay the listing fee,selling fee,I've bought materials to protect the speakers ready for sending,but nothing from the guy!!I've informed Ebay too,but I can't leave a negative,which is not fair,as he'll just do the same back...what a pointless system,if they don't pay,they should have this right taken away!!!

adam, Oct 5, 2005
  2. adam

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

If you file a non-paying bidder alert with ebay then you will have the final value fee of the speakers refunded and you can make a second chance offer to the second highest bidder if you like. Wait for 89 of the 90 day feedback period to pass and then leave negative feedback for the non-paying bidder, as they are unlikely to remember/respond at that point before their window for leaving feedback closes.

I-S, Oct 5, 2005
  3. adam

michaelab desafinado

I agree the feeback system is a bit cr@p as you can't leave a -ve for someone without them doing it back to you. A better system would be for eBay to keep the feeback hidden until both sides in a transaction had left it and only then reveal it. That would completely avoid retaliatory -ves.

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 5, 2005
  4. adam

Sid and Coke

Adam,

Although it's a bit annoying, 7 days isn't a massive amount of time, I would give the guy a few more days, you don't know what has happened, perhaps he's had a bit of a personal problem that needs sorting out.

I can imagine that you are hacked off and just want to sell your item, but think that you are way too eager and early to press that negative button, for the moment.

You can also reply to any feedback left for you.

A few other things you can do to show your honesty in future auctions is to offer winning bidders to oppurtunity to collect in person and pay cash on collection, (even if you know your location and personal circumstances make this offer difficult to actually acheive) , also let folk know that you are willing to discuss the sale over the phone after auction end, it will give potential bidders confidence that you have nothing to hide, despite having a spitefull neg on your feedback.

Sid and Coke, Oct 5, 2005
  5. adam

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

I was once ripped off by a fairly 'big' trader putting an unreasonably high postage fee on a small item I'd 'won' from Germany. I emailed him to complain but he wouldn't budge so I paid him. I then waited for him to leave me feedback and he did - positive. Once I received his positive feedback I gave him my negative. ;)

7_V, Oct 5, 2005
  6. adam

Bob McC living the life of Riley

second chance offers are a waste of time IMHO. People see them as a fraud attempt.

Bob

Bob McC, Oct 5, 2005
  7. adam

adam

Sid,here is the auction http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4576293168&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1

It looks he was pretty eager to win them,as he met the min amount,and looks like he wanted too.I originally had the auction as collect from my home,but had no takers twice!,so I extended it to all of Spain,he won,but by looking at his feedback he appears an instant payer,good communication etc,but hasn't made no attempt to contact me,it's a shame as the speakers are superb condition,I didn't want to send them as the B&W top mounted tweeter is a PITA to pack and send.
    I've contacted ebay,and still yet nothing.

adam, Oct 5, 2005
  8. adam

adam

The postage was 60€uros,they're 20KG each from South Spain to Barcelona,is a long way,that was what I was quoted,no mark up,if he does like it,he should have asked.

adam, Oct 5, 2005
  9. adam

avanzato

I've bought from 2nd chance offers and they were very good deals too. One was from a seller who had more of the same items to sell and the other was from a seller who'd had a NPB on one auction I'd lost.

Retaliatory negatives are a concern when you've low feedback and trying to build it but now I've several hundred +ve I'm less worried about giving someone else a -ve. Easiest thing to do is if you get a neg. is to use the reply and explain what happened. I read the feedback for negatives before bidding and see what types of complaints they were. If it's mostly idiots or retaliation rather than 'real' bad feedback then I ignore them and go on trust with the positive feedbacks of the seller/buyer.'

Adam it does seem strange that he made the effort to out bid the others and then not pay. Start a non paying bidder dispute and see what happens. I've done that before and people have paid even if it took one guy about 2 more weeks to do so.

avanzato, Oct 5, 2005
  10. adam

robs

I suggest send him another e-mail or two - start the non paying bidder scheme (which also sends him a reminder). Wait until you can claim your ebay fees back & then do so if he has not replied. Then send a second chance offer (you never know..). Then neg him just before the timeout period (90 days) if you are worried about getting a neg yourself. Personally, I send NPB after 10 or 14 days, & then neg any non payer almost immediately. If people are seriously interested in an item you are selling, especially if it's expensive, they will look very closely at your negs - if they are from non payers, then I would suggest you have little to worry about ...that's how I read feedback anyway... IMHO, I would much rather neg a non payer & receive a neg back that anyone can see is due to him/her non paying, than not send a neg & let loads of other sellers suffer the same fate....IMO, that's how it should work....

robs, Oct 5, 2005
  11. adam

adam

I started the non payer scheme,I've also contacted the second bidder,who said he'll have them and collect to,so I'll sell to him,just peeeeves me off when someone makes that effort to bid,then doesn't have the decency to respond.

adam, Oct 5, 2005
  12. adam

mr cat Member of the month

I bought my dac as a second offer - first time I 've been offered that...

mr cat, Oct 6, 2005
Ask a Question