Editing prerecorded stuff

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by swrbassamp, Mar 19, 2020.

1. swrbassamp

swrbassamp

Hi! I am just starting to work now, and, since we're all quarantined I couldn't get hold of any newer software, so I have to use something I had on my HD for ages, but uninstalled, the cubase sx3. I have files for eight songs, all my original singer-songwriter stuff, that I've recorded some time ago in Berlin with a friend. He is used to a Logic.pro, don't know which issue, and, since that's the case, we've recorded and edited the songs with it. But now that I'm home I discovered nobody uses this software around here, and, since it's a closed source, the projects we've done cannot be opened by any other software and, as it seems, the edits we did are useless when I want to go to a mixing studio, because I can only get unedited audio files and have to buy a lot of studio time to reedit it again to the condition in which they already are in Logic.pro projects.
    So I decided, being stuck home quarantined for corona, that I will do the editing myself, using bounces from the edits we've done in Logic.pro as guidance, and do it in Cubase sx3.
    Now I have a lot of questions, but first one would be this: since my Hammerfall HDSP interface doesn't seem to work any more, do I need to have an interface for just editing?

swrbassamp, Mar 19, 2020
  2. swrbassamp

Gerontius

Have you tried Audacity? It's an open-source program and seems to be able to edit most things.

Gerontius, Apr 2, 2020
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question