External Crossover enclosure

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by ListeningEar, Oct 28, 2014.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Hi there,

It's been a while since I last signed in and like many of us engaged in various projects mine have been a little slow in moving forward. However, I am now very close to finishing the Rogers JR149's and the only little detail I am struggling with at present is finding a suitable enclosure for the crossovers.

In the original design the crossovers are built onto a circular PCB and mounted inside a very thin pressed steel case at the foot of the speaker. This provides terrible isolation to the speaker in soooo many ways so I will be mounting the crossovers externally on the rebuilt speakers (keeping the metal bases but these have been acoustically treated inside and filled with lead shot).

What I am looking for is an aluminium enclosure with a clear Perspex/acrylic lid. Need to be at least 6" square but 4" deep as some of the upgraded crossover components I am using will need a greater depth than the original metal base provides.

Anyone help with recommending enclosure suppliers? Maplins and CPC don't have anything...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    ListeningEar, Oct 28, 2014
Ask a Question