FA: Nad C372 - 2.5 months old, warranty, MINT!

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Doctor Jeep, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Doctor Jeep

Doctor Jeep

Doctor Jeep, Aug 4, 2004
  2. Doctor Jeep

longlam

u didnt manage to sell it last time on eBay? i was looking out for it, but there were so many bidders, i thought u'd get something reasonable for it.

btw, i dont think the warranty is valid as the next buyer would be the second owner and the if anything should happen to it, they would not have the say right as the first owner. this is what i'v been told and not from personal experience.

Long.
    ________
    BUY EXTREME Q VAPORIZER

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    longlam, Aug 4, 2004
  3. Doctor Jeep

Doctor Jeep

I was selling the C270 power amp before, this is the C372 integrated that's for sale now. If the second owner presents the original receipt of sale then the warranty is theirs! There is nothing to say that they aren't the original owner.

Doctor Jeep, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Doctor Jeep

longlam

SK, sorry about that. it was the C270. u'r selling so much gear, here there and everywhere, i got lost.

i knew u were going to say that about the warranty... :eek:)

so u prefer the C160 and C272 combination? is there a lot of difference between the C372 and the C272?

Long.
    ________
    Amateur Tube

longlam, Aug 5, 2004
  5. Doctor Jeep

Doctor Jeep

Well, at almost double the price you'd expect the C162/272 to sound better than the C372 integrated. I LOVE the integrated but this hifi bug is all about upgrades isn't it? The C372 pans the C370.....and then the pre & power combo pans the C372. Well, if I'm honest it doesn't PAN it but there is more detail and better bass - it's all to do with the better pre-amp and separate power supplies, the power amp section is the same. Coupled with my new speakers it's made me totally happy with my hifi which I wasn't before.

Doctor Jeep, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Doctor Jeep

longlam

so how about this plan: i'v already got 2 x C370. need to get a C162 or C160 or even a S100! and use these to monoblock my Dynaudios...

however, i remember what i said about the C372 cf the C370 in HFC Forum, so will have to listen to the latest amps when i get the chance.

what i'c r u using between the Pre and Power amps? such is ur wide experience of i/cs!!!

Long.
    ________
    R26

longlam, Aug 7, 2004
  7. Doctor Jeep

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Doctor Jeep - why not just do it properly and get an S300? Some people reckon it's better than the S100/S200 (I've not heard the latter so couldn't comment, other than the S100/200 being an extension into the high end of NAD's own designs, rather than the Gryphon design of the S300 (which, incidentally, uses a significant number of Zetex Bipolar transistors)).

I-S, Aug 7, 2004
  8. Doctor Jeep

PeteH Natural Blue

Now there's a good idea IMO. Instead of messing about with banks of C370s and the like, just go the whole hog and get a nice big S300 - 27kg of extruded metal joy. :D

PeteH, Aug 7, 2004
  9. Doctor Jeep

Doctor Jeep

Maybe one day. I like the Nad 'sound' though, it's warm and non-fatiguing. I've not heard the S gear so I can't comment but I presume it doesn't sound like typical Nad stuff - doesn't have their 'house sound' etc. I'd like to hear it certainly, the bass control sounds very appealing. Do they do them in black though? All I ever seem to see is the silver one.

Doctor Jeep, Aug 7, 2004
  10. Doctor Jeep

The S100/S200 are closer to the NAD house sound as they are NAD designs. In fact, I believe they've updated them.

The S stands for "silverline", so other colours.... no.

If you're in the area (manchester/oldham) you're welcome to come for a listen.

I-S, Aug 7, 2004
  11. Doctor Jeep

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Doctor Jeep - I'd agree about the 'warm and non-fatiguing sound'. I've got their C521BEE player which sounds superb. Would love to own some of their 'S' series - perhaps if I win the lottery. Wonder what using a pair of S300s would be like as monoblocks - pretty good i'd imagine.

nsherin, Aug 8, 2004
  12. Doctor Jeep

nsherin - what would using two S300s as monoblocks achieve over using one?

I-S, Aug 8, 2004
  13. Doctor Jeep

Doctor Jeep

Auction ends this evening *bump*

Doctor Jeep, Aug 11, 2004
Ask a Question