Feet!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Jun 13, 2004.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I've no idea where this should go... not quite DIY, not necessarily hifi, yet related to both...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've finally got around to fitting these custom-machined feet to my computer. They're based on the Totem Claws (which sit on ball bearings. They're designed for speakers and were written up in hifi+ at some point), but go to a symmetrical spike at the bottom instead. They could look immensely groovy on speakers or separates that don't have Wadia/Sim style spikes. If anyone wants info on where to get these, let me know. Finishes available are machined (like mine) or polished, but you could get anodising done somewhere if you wanted different colours.

I-S, Jun 13, 2004
  2. I-S

Sgt Rock

Isaac,

Can I spot neon inside your PC or is it the glow from the LED, you tart ;)

BTW good choice of case Cooler masters rock

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2004
    Sgt Rock, Jun 13, 2004
  3. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Where and how much Isaac?

I wanthem for this (do they make them shorter?)

[​IMG]

analoguekid, Jun 13, 2004
  4. I-S

Tom

Nice case indeed! Mine's a Coolermaster Centurion, and i'd be interested in where the feet came from!

Tom, Jun 13, 2004
  5. I-S

Andy - it's actually just from the blue power and HDD LEDs. There's a small bit of internal structuring to bounce the light around the power switch and USB cover.

The guy will do shorter plain cones like these used on my speaker plinths:

[​IMG]

However, doing this design requires a certain amount of material to hold it during machining, so can't get much shorter than I have it.

The alternative is the "original" totem claw copy:

[​IMG]

PM me if you want details of where to get them.

I-S, Jun 13, 2004
  6. I-S

btw analoguekid, I believe we have the same ADSL router, netgear DG834?

I-S, Jun 13, 2004
  7. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Well spotted Isaac but moved it under desk since photo taken and am also using it with 602(54g) wireless router.
    you will shortly have pm

8. I-S

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

My god are those computer cases real?

It looks like something a chav would do to his Nova, why would you want something so tacky in your life?

garyi, Jun 13, 2004
  9. I-S

Tenson Moderator

My thoughts exactly! :D

Tenson, Jun 13, 2004
  10. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Had to stick it on the desk and was fed up with beige box, finished mine about a 1/2 year ago now, nice tacky braided cables and such, wanted no blank drive units and system contains alot of fans which is fine during a game but too noisy for surfin' LCD panel is quite useful and it looks alot better in the flesh, most are pretty taken with it when they see it. also have volume control mod on soundblaster card and that is pretty useful press up/down for volume or both for mute, made all drive bays aluminium as didn't want beige plastic cd drives in alu case. haven't bothered tinkering for about six months now as have got it how I want it. If you want to see really tacky computer boxes then check out some of the Modding fora.

11. I-S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Arh, I can see it now, "Max Muppet for computer geeks over-runs hifi fora"
    Can we have a "Kev'd-up section' for hard drive junkies, and a best neon in a non automotive enviroment, Take us away from the geek zone, Helmet factor 5
    Although I do have to confess, we've done the odd rather horny off board PSU for those over clockers (nice clean living sort of guys :D ) still you can now put neons on those, fab & groovy idea cats.......GREEEEAATTTTTTTTTTTT.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2004
    wadia-miester, Jun 13, 2004
  12. I-S

Tom

Tom, Jun 13, 2004
  13. I-S

penance Arrogant Cock

Ill have you know magnetic storage is very interesting and not at all geeky!

:D

penance, Jun 13, 2004
  14. I-S

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Couldn't agree more! I like my gadgets like many people do, but modding does not interest me in the slightest. Would rather spend £60 on another hard drive, rather than a flashy case.

Novatech, who happen to be local to me (and I use a fair bit) have a section on their website called 'Novaclockers'!:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/NC_iframe.html

Just about sums it up, really! ;)

nsherin, Jun 13, 2004
  15. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

I mainly use comp for graphics and watchin telly whilst having a cigarette (have kids so only smoke in office) I don't overclock, replaced ageing beige box with Lian-Li case, this looked kinda boring with all blanks etc, haven't spent that much and sighted where it is in my office it looks a million times better than a beige box. It really does look much better in the flesh, and I couldn't give a flying fart what you lot think, as for Isaac Nice case mate but could do with stealthed drives to finish it off.

The rest of you can go and take a flying F**K at a rolling doghnut!:p

Ps have an Audi as couldn't get Nova as co car, don't wear an iq reducer (frontwards or backwards) and don't wear a cardigan like so many of you detractors.:D

Get a nice case for your comp you know you want to and already have enough storage space DVd burner etc, so nothing else computery left to spend me money on.

Besides it's only comp, wait till I can be bothered taking a oicture of my Hifi and we'll see whose doin the slagging.

To all you detractors, I hope your next shite is a hedgehog:eek:

16. I-S

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

The Lian-Li and Coolermaster et. al. do look very nice. If I had the cash and was building a new PC from scratch, I'd definately buy one.

It's the modding that I can't understand - i.e. the side panel windows and neon lights. Nothing wrong with a case that looks good and keeps the kit inside running at cool temps.

nsherin, Jun 13, 2004
  17. I-S

julian2002 Muper Soderator

ak,
    i bow to your savillry ;) are you perchance related to the great man?.
    i'm sure if you pimped up your audi with some airbags, lambo doors and perhaps a nitrous purge kit the local neds (as i believe they are known in your area) would accept you as a kind of idiot cousin ;)

seriously though if it makes you smile to have a pimped up pc then good luck to you. i'm in the other camp that would rather have another 128mb or 100gb hd and hide the pc under the desk than bling up my pc case.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jun 13, 2004
  18. I-S

Adam Davis

Does it make it sound better?

LOL

Adam Davis, Jun 13, 2004
  19. I-S

analoguekid Planet Rush

Nad

The case was a present and came with side window, (missus ordered wrong one) looked dreadful withall wire etc hanging about so modded it a bit, fan on cpu did drop temp by 12 degrees, so some of it useful, only have uv light in there now which was changed since pic taken. If i didn't have a window i would still have stealthed drives etc, originally stealthed them with blanking plate but replaced them with shop bought as they look neater, break out panel for sound card was most difficult to do and the bit with which i am most pleased have seen pics of others and still feel mine is best I have seen. the card reader was bought to replace floppy drive which is prolly obsolete now.

Any way can we get back to discussing hifi.;)

20. I-S

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Paul,

What no BMW, you just pissed on my parade, had you tagged as 330 di man :D
    Audi, unless an RS4 you've gone down in my estimation, just shows you can't judge a pc case by its neon these days
    I've been shitting hedge hogs for years, All the geekery on the PC I use it left to the Turbo nerds at work, give me a V6 Alfa lump anyday :)

wadia-miester, Jun 13, 2004
Ask a Question