Fitting illuminate rocker switch to Rega P1 Plus?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Jazz fan, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jazz fan

Jazz fan

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to your forum, but very glad to be here!

I listen to my jazz records every night on my Rega P1 plus, with a large glass of red wine, while dinner cooks in the oven, and very nice it is too!

I often come downstairs in the morning and noticed that my poor turntable has been left on all night, spinning away, probably not good for the stylus, record, or my electricity bill!

I would like to fit a green illuminated rocker switch on the surface of my turntable ( the rega P1 plus presently has a switch on the underside) soin the future I can see it's still switched on.

I'm not worried about modifying the turntable in a way that would reduce it's resale value, I love the turntable and plan to keep it for years to come. Nor am I worried that I might make a mess of the task in practicle terms ( I'm a cabinet maker by trade, and will be able to neatly router out an aperture for a new switch.

The bit I am unsure of , (and am hoping another forum member reading this could advise) is what rating of switch I need? I don't really undewrstand what amperage/ voltage that would be suitable. Is it 240v? or has the voltage been transformed down at the point the existing switch is wired?

Hopefully someone who is alot cleverer than I am coud advise me in the switch to fit?
    Thanking you in advance for any suggestions, and for your great forum,

Jazzfan

Jazz fan, Jul 15, 2019
Ask a Question