Flexihippy dvd/cd storage unit

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by themadhippy, Aug 15, 2003.

1. themadhippy

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

Due to the iminent departer of my (her :D ) present storage system for dvd's, videos and a few cd's, (a large bookcase ) ive been looking for a suitable replacment.
    The design criteria,not too big,im not realy a film person,fit in with the existing decor,CHEAP.
    A recent discusion on the tnt flexi rack got me thinking,would it work as a storage solution ?
    Quick vist to the dinning room:D confirmed i had the bits needed, 2- 1meter lengths of 8mm stud and 1m length of 10mm stud,left over from something or other:confused: and a few bits of suitable timber (150mm x 12mm)
    The construction is exatly the same as TNTflexitable couple of hours later it was finished
    [​IMG]
    it still needs a bit of work,i didnt use a top nut on every shelve,olny the top shelve,i recon adding them will make it alot more stable also i didnt have any dome nuts for the feet,or top of rods,o and i think the shelves could be thicker:D but for a total cost of £0.00 it aint bad and matches the decor luvvly
    [​IMG] :D

themadhippy, Aug 15, 2003
  2. themadhippy

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I have to say that is a good idea, and it could integrate very well for those who use the TNT flexy as their system rack. You could perhaps do a hybrid of the doubleflexy with the CD rack as one side of it. Certainly with the recent discussions on CD storage, both here and on HFC, this will be welcomed by the DIY contingent. Nice Work!

I-S, Aug 15, 2003
  3. themadhippy

unfortunatly not possible with my room layout,however would certainly be an intresting challange, :D

themadhippy, Aug 15, 2003
  4. themadhippy

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

You should at least submit it to tnt, because they do have pics of variations on the flexy there. I'm sure this is of a wider interest.

I-S, Aug 15, 2003
  5. themadhippy

Sid and Coke

I dunno Hippy, Your Mad !

You've spilt your paint, and I think that you need to count the threads between shelves. unless the second shelf up has an optical illusion. On the whole though an excellent idea for a multi sizable storage unit, and very Flexible too. well done that man !

PS
    Whats in the box in the corner, that looks like a NATO part number printed on the front to me. Are you selling stingers too ?

Sid and Coke, Aug 16, 2003
  6. themadhippy

nothing at the moment but usefull for transporting fragile kit,no idea were it origanaly came from,possible a mate who was in the raf

themadhippy, Aug 16, 2003
  7. themadhippy

BlueMax

yeah man, it looks groovey!

How long did to take break it in?

And what kind of improvements did you notice with the sound of the CDs and the picture of the DVDs?

:lol:

BlueMax, Aug 20, 2003
  8. themadhippy

improvments,it makes the living room look tidy,no vidieos or dvd's all over the floor.ive added nuts top and bottom to every shelve now certainly makes things a bit more stable

themadhippy, Aug 20, 2003
  9. themadhippy

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I can just imagine my room been fully of flexy's, the flexy bed, the flexy computer desk, the flexy computer chair (ouch!) the flexy TV rack, the flexy kitchen, the flexy, the flexy house... Ok I am being silly now.

amazingtrade, Aug 20, 2003
Ask a Question