for sale: Dynaudio Contour 3.3

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by will777888, Aug 18, 2010.

1. will777888

will777888

I am putting up for sale my Dynaudio Contour 3.3 speakers. They are in the (real wood, of course) cherry-wood veneer. These are large three-way floorstanders with twin 200mm woofers. All components performing perfectly, cabinet condition 9/10. I have the original receipt, the boxes, the manual, the port bungs, the spikes and the grilles.
    In the right environment, these will give a stunning full-range sound that would be very difficult to beat for the money.
    I am the second owner and I could put you in touch with the first owner if required. I bought them second-hand in January of this year. Unfortunately, I have found it difficult to integrate them, sonically speaking, into my small living room. The layout of my room dictates their proximity to the rear and side walls, and I just can't tame the bass. They really need a bit of room to breathe, and I am just not doing them justice in my living room.
    I upgraded from a pair of Contour 1.8 II, which I was very happy with for years. The 3.3s are a very significant improvement on those, but the 1.8s (I hate to say it), were really a better match (bass-wise) for my small room.
    Stereophile fairly drools over them in this review:
    http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/262/index.html
    I would be happy to get £1,750 for them. They retailed at £5,500 when new, I believe.
    I would also be very happy to consider a swap with Contour S3.4, 3.0 or Confidence C1, C3, with a small cash adjustment either way.
    I'm based in Tewkesbury. Would be happy to demo.
    PM or call 07 891 127 930
    Will.
    [​IMG]

will777888, Aug 18, 2010
  2. will777888

Hannes

your Contour 3.3 speakers

Are they still for sale ?

Hannes, Jan 11, 2011
  3. will777888

will777888

Sorry, sold. I had them advertised in a few places, and obviously forgot to update this thread. I exported them to Israel !
    Good luck in your search. These don't come up very often unfortunately. I believe the 3.0s are also very useful and the 1.8s are not at all bad. You see the older Confidence speakers come up now and again too.
    I ended up with some S3.4s which sound wonderful.

will777888, Jan 11, 2011
Ask a Question