FS Clearaudio Accurate cartridge - OFFER WITHDRAWN!

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SMEagol, Oct 24, 2008.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Chances are this cannot be retipped, you might know better, Len Gregory "the cartridge man" thinks not. However, this is still VERY useful as currency to upgrade to another moving coil cartridge from the Clearaudio stable, and is offered here as such. Return of this £1950 cartridge will get you a whopping discount off the price of a new cartridge from the current Clearaudio range. It has original wooden box and perspex pyramid. It still plays, just gets a bit choppy on high treble, a sign of stylus wear. For the purpose of Exchange it is classed as not damaged. It would have to be dead in either channel or the stylus snapped off.

EG return this a Stradivari (one of the lower models) is reduced from £1990 to £1200.

EG a cart like the Da vinci is reduced from £3120 to £1850

a goldfinger goes down from £6500 to £4370 - over £2K OFF!, 2 grand off a titanium brings it down to £2770!

if you PM me I can send an Excel spreadsheet that breaks this down further. I'd do this myself only I'm broke and I may lose my job due to the current climate, so need to raise funds.

This is worth what you are prepared to pay based on your new dream cartridge, but very useful I think you'll agree!... all I ask is that you make a fair offer based on what you are buying!

This is the Clearaudio guy should you have any further queries. He might be able to do a better deal with this exchange upgrade in the current climate - so it might be worth enquiring first about what you'd like!
    (nice bloke)...
    Martin Brewster,
    Audio Reference UK Ltd,
    Unit 8 Enterprise Park,
    Slyfield Ind' Estate,
    GUILDFORD,
    Surrey. GU1 1RB.

T: +44 (0) 1252 702705

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
    SMEagol, Oct 24, 2008
  2. SMEagol

ah sod it £350 fixed price, which should make everyone very happy. a total bargain on a Clearaudio trade in. Priced to seriously sell in this difficult climate. I'd keep it but I really do need the money. Considering this can get you £2k off and over this is just silly. Worth buying just for that rainy day...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
    SMEagol, Oct 28, 2008
  3. SMEagol

bump £325 inc post, now this really is getting daft.

SMEagol, Nov 2, 2008
  4. SMEagol

£300, UK post.

SMEagol, Nov 9, 2008
  5. SMEagol

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Smeag, Len Gregory wouldn't know his fucking arsehole from a hole in the ground. He contracts out to expert stylus, he's never put a diamond on a cantilever in his life by all accounts.

sq225917, Nov 10, 2008
  6. SMEagol

Expert Stylus said they think they can retip this!!!! They said its unlikely they would need to get into the body, and the suspension sounds fine. Just charging me a refundable £25 for a butchers, then if its healthy a retip in January.

Thanks a million Simon, will start saving for the new year! I appreciate the info and the honesty, nice one fella!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
    SMEagol, Nov 11, 2008
  7. SMEagol

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Excellent, you'll not get a bum steer from the guys at Expert, unlike that twunk who charges £1500 for a Grado with a third party stylus provided by....... Expert stylus.

sq225917, Nov 11, 2008
Ask a Question