FS Horning ONE Speakers - Pics added

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SMEagol, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

These need no introduction to anyone on this forum. I bought these secondhand, and realised somebody has messed about with the crossovers. After a lot of trials and tribs - and help from you kind chaps, and a bit from Tommy H they are now working. I used silver solder and heatshrink throughout.

I'm not saying they can't be improved though with either a better crossover or upgraded internal wiring, so heres the bargain of the century, which allows a budget to improve them further.

£530 (no offers!) for the pair, buyer collects from Bolton, Lancashire and can hear the progress we've made so far! Just slightly over 3ft tall, 13" section, honey coloured wood - amazing cabinet making. 2 Lowther PM2C mid range drivers, Tommy Hornings legendary Lotus tweeters, and rear firing 10" woofers. Even if it goes all pear shaped you could get your money back just selling the drivers - and get a great pair of heavy speaker costumes for the kids!

If you know your way round speakers you'll have a stunning amount of potential to play with. There are some nice grilles just need some new dowels (supplied)

I haven't got the room to keep these beasties. Pics (Honey coloured squatty ones to the uninitiated)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
    SMEagol, Sep 2, 2008
  2. SMEagol

Now £500!

SMEagol, Sep 5, 2008
  3. SMEagol

£450 - no lower - these are Hornings you know...

you could sell the two Lowthers for that, but it seems a shame not to try and use these lovely cabinets. A couple of well calculated 3 way crossovers instead of the current notch filter, and these could be great. The sound is very good even at the moment. The bass is driven full range at the mo, so could benefit with some crossover know-how. The Lowther full range driver and Horning Lotus tweeter combo is one of the best out there, considering diminutive Hornings start at 3k this is a giveaway, there is a lot of potential here for a very small asking price. I really don't want to put these on ebay. If you did I could more or less guarantee you'd get your money back. Typically PM2c drivers go for £350pr+ SECONDHAND and lotus tweeters I have seen on Ebay in America from some stripped Hornings for £600 a pair! Please don't take them to bits - the price reflects allowing you a budget to do these justice.

T 07739 581147

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    SMEagol, Sep 5, 2008
  4. SMEagol

Sacrificed to the Ebay Gorgon...

Item number... 200253404490

SMEagol, Sep 9, 2008
  5. SMEagol

lbr monkey boy

Good luck with the sale. If I knew my way round a crossover or I lived anywhere near your neck of the woods, I'd have been sorely tempted.

lbr, Sep 9, 2008
  6. SMEagol

thanks fella! Whenever I see them I think of failure, so they have to go, they have yet to reach their potential I think, so its best left to someone who knows their way round Hornings. (or lives next door to Wilmslow Audio in Leicester! - and doesn't have my boss) He ate my kit kat this morning then denied all knowledge... getting time offs worse!

Buy it now is £475, this is cos I get caned off ebay and paypal now... Grrrr...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
    SMEagol, Sep 10, 2008
  7. SMEagol

Sold. :(

What the bejinkies IS an echeque? Anything to worry about?

SMEagol, Sep 10, 2008
  8. SMEagol

lbr monkey boy

Hey well done! Your buyer's feedback looks good, so I wouldn't worry much about the echeque. They are a pain in the proverbial though - make sure it has cleared (has taken up to 8 days for me in the past) before you let the speakers out the door.

lbr, Sep 10, 2008
Ask a Question