FS;Van Den Hul Array

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Colin2040, May 7, 2009.

1. Colin2040

Colin2040

This is my friends VDH Array amp. The details are listed below and he is looking for £500 plus postage;I can e mail a photo and request more if required.

£500 + £15.99 postage (UK only)

Here we have a very rare piece of hi fi hardware - the Van Den Hul Array active A-1 pre-amplifier. There is not a lot to be found on the net about this amp, but what is there is all highly positive.
    Originally produced in 2002, I have owned this one for about 2 years. I partnered it with a Quad 909 power amp and they complemented each other beautifully.
    I believe the original retail price was £2700. It comes with a basic Phillips universal remote as Van Den Hul states in the instruction manual “We rather concentrate on pure audiophile mattersâ€Â
    Features:
    Volume control by series/shunt resistor networks with air tight gold plated relays
    Source selection by means of air tight gold plated relays
    Separate power supplies for signal path and control circuits
    Gyrator filtered signal path
    Zero feedback class-A discrete signal path
    Quadruple DC servo. No capacitors anyway in the signal path
    Programmable with regard to signal source level differences
    Programmable volume change speed
    Volume control range +10 to -70 dB in 0.5 dB steps
    Gain accuracy better than 0.5 dB at any gain setting. For gains above -40 dB, better than 0.2 dB
    Gain tracking L/R better than 0.3 dB (typically 0.10 dB) over entire gain range
    Non-magnetic chassis and aluminium front. Puresonic Teflon insulated RCA type (cinch) connectors
    4 'Line In' inputs and 1 'Tape Out' output

There is mention of the A-1 on this review, but it is mainly a review of the passive version (P-1)
    http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue4/vandenhul.htm

Colin2040, May 7, 2009
  2. Colin2040

Colin2040

Bump. This is a really good ptreamp at a pretty good price

Colin2040, May 8, 2009
  3. Colin2040

Colin2040

Bump;

Would consider offer but can assure one thing once you have heard this you will struggle to find a preamp as good.When I had this in my system on loan it resulted in me scrapping my preamp.It is a serious bit of kit.

Colin2040, May 10, 2009
Ask a Question