Goodwood Octane Track Day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dev, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Dev

Dev Moderator

2. Dev

robs

I did a track day at Goodwood a few years ago (2005) in my Scooby. It's a great circuit.
    Took along my father (75yrs) as co-driver, and had an absolute blast. He'd not driven it before (the car nor the circuit!).
    We did a few laps each, then each of us went out with an instructor for a few laps. Then I took him out. Then he took me out.
    At the end of that session I nearly chucked it in & went home. I was shaking like a leaf!!
    After lunch, (& filling the tank again) a fair few other cars left (to get back to London?), and we were on the track pretty much non stop all afternoon. Did 300+ miles all in. The front discs warped about 3pm & dad wasn't using the brakes at all - I was just getting RSI through the steering wheel.
    Cost a new set set of discs & pads, new rocker cover gaskets (my baby was SMOKIN'!) & far too much in petrol, but was one of the most enjoyable days of my life.

[​IMG]

Yes, the Scooby is a great family car so I had kids in the back at the time...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
    robs, Aug 27, 2009
Ask a Question