Happy Happy, Joy Joy.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Joolsburger, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

I spent much of Saturday fiddling, fettling, replugging in, moving and otherwise pissing about with my system to try and deal with all sorts of problems I don't have.

Finally I sat down at about 5pm and actually listened to some records in my family free (for the evening) home.

I have decided that my HIFI is indeed very Hi plenty of Fi and probably better than 98% of the UK populations.

I have decided to spend more time on music forums to try and discover new tunes to play on it.

I fear that in my obsession with HIFI I may have lost sight of the musical goal.

My system is good enough for me now and I suggest that many a poster here thinks about what they are up to in regard to the whole HIFI thing.
    I have read some bewidering arguments here that almost seem like Catholics arguing with Protestants about the "right" way to believe in God. Not my bag I'm afraid.

A quick bit of maths tells me that another 1000 pound upgrade = about 100 records (Maybe many more) which will be heaps more fun than a new bit of kit.....

The forums seem to generate a lot of new sales for HIFI companies!!!!

Joolsburger, Mar 29, 2004
  2. Joolsburger

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Nice one!

I'd been putting away £1k a couple years back, which I intended to invest into the electronics.

I ended up spending it all on music in one weekend :D

Was great fun and though there's still areas I want to improve in my hifi, I don't regret it at all!

Making a post like yours though, shows possible signs of "Birkettitus". A condition shown regularly by paul where he claims to have reached "nirvana" and will never upgrade again......... then a few weeks/MOnths later ;)

MO!, Mar 29, 2004
  3. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

I don't think so:p I have not claimed to have hit Nirvana quite yet!

Birkett is a martyr IMHO..:D He has tried to free himself from the shackles of audiophile bondage but was quickly recaptured and now slavishly lusts for the latest "development".

There is a point to all this but I've forgotten what it was.....Meh.

Joolsburger, Mar 29, 2004
  4. Joolsburger

lowrider Live music is surround

Good for you, I had reached the satisfaction stage before, then I had to ditch the TAG, as they where fooling around, the Krell was a tough cookie to tame, but the Bel Canto did the job better than I expected, so now I am there again, no more hifi for a good while, just music... :beer:

lowrider, Mar 29, 2004
  5. Joolsburger

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Can I join the ''happy'' club? :)

Im changing some of the capacitors, and other tweaky bits in my kit for a laugh, but the box swapping is done.

One day I'll get a digi camera, and take some shots :rolleyes:

music, home improvements and holidays are where I want to shove cash for the remainder of the year.

Currently playing Beta Band '3 EPS' nice reccomendation Ian :D

Chris

bottleneck, Mar 29, 2004
  6. Joolsburger

lowrider Live music is surround

Its not my club, but I vote yes... :latte:

lowrider, Mar 29, 2004
  7. Joolsburger

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Good work trooper!

One of my fav's! I think they've got a new one coming out soon too! Can't wait!

MO!, Mar 29, 2004
  8. Joolsburger

penance Arrogant Cock

careful chap, that can have an effect like box changing, and not always for the good ;)

penance, Mar 30, 2004
  9. Joolsburger

PumaMan

Its funny, I've been popping into hi-fi forums for quite a while now and in fact, they make me not want to spend money. Puts me off, seeing how people fret and worry so much about their setups.

It sounds fine, dont worry about it.

PumaMan, Mar 30, 2004
  10. Joolsburger

dunkyboy

Since you brought it up, anyone care to recommend a good music forum or two? General-purpose or genre-specific, I don't mind.

Cheers,

Dunc

dunkyboy, Apr 4, 2004
  11. Joolsburger

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

www.dprp.net for all things prog. Mind you you'll have to mail order half the stuff in the reviews section as you can't get it in the shops in the uk!

Maybe this would be a better idea making a separate post and a sticky on the music section of this forum ? :)

davidcotton, Apr 4, 2004
Ask a Question