Has anyone heard of these speaker wires?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Rory, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Rory

Rory satisfied

I've asked some fellow Celestion Kingston owners what type of speaker wire they use/used. They were both American and I haven't even heard of these cables- Google didn't throw up a huge amount either...:

Straightwire Crescendo LS
    and

Granite Audio Model 573 99.9999% Pure OFC Copper bi-wire version

Cheers :)

Rory, Oct 10, 2003
  2. Rory

merlin

Rory,

they are both fairly chunky copper cables, so I guess that should point you in the right direction. Also look at some of the Audioquest cables, along with trusty Kimber 8TC/4TC. Kingston owners don't appear to be fashion victims

merlin, Oct 11, 2003
  3. Rory

adam

I use Audioquest cables (midnight)and the are good cables,they dont get in the way of the sound and dont really highlight any particular frequency,though they tend to be laidback in character,they do have thier downsides in that they look like hosepipes lying across the floor,and the are extremly in flexable and are hard to work with.

The higher up in the range you go,thier cables introduce silver into the cable,It's best to look at the older lines as the new lines are getting really quite exspensive.

adam, Oct 11, 2003
Ask a Question