Headphone solution to allow a small group to communicate in noisy surroundings?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Guybrush, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Guybrush

Guybrush

Hello.

Firstly, I have no audio tech experience, so apologies for using of all the wrong terminology.

I run a Dungeons and Dragons game at a local shop, but there are other groups playing, plus other games being played. To play effectively we need to hear what each other are saying. With all the background noise this is very difficult.

So, I was wondering if there is a relatively low cost way to give each person (~6 in total) a headset so that the others in the group can hear everyone else. Is this possible? How would they be linked? If there is a more appropriate forum somewhere?

Thank you for any input!

Ian

Guybrush, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Guybrush

Sergeauckland

There is one way I can think of, which is to use a wireless talkback system as used in TV studios. This will give every player a headset with microphone, and the talkback system can be set to 'all talk to all'. That should work well, but the cost may be excessive for the application, several hundred pounds per player.

It may be possible to adapt a consumer radio microphone system such as this https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-an...dset-Wireless-Microphone-System/1OJD#full-des

which will be a lot cheaper, but it'll need somebody to work out the connectivity.

I suggest contacting a Pro Audio dealer like Canford or gear4music as they may be able to work out what you need.

S.

Sergeauckland, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Guybrush

Guybrush

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into the cheaper option :)

Guybrush, Jul 6, 2018
Ask a Question