Headphones that amplify sound

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by oldbenz1, May 4, 2021.

1. oldbenz1

oldbenz1

Wife and I have different comfortable listening levels when watching TV with audio coming thru our Yamaha YAS-207 blutooth sound bar. Most over-the-ear wireless headsets I have seen do not have a volume control and those that do can only lower the sound level. Are there any available with built-in amplification?

oldbenz1, May 4, 2021
  2. oldbenz1

Sergeauckland

I had hoped that someone else might answer your query, but as I don't like to leave new posts unanswered, I'll have a go.

All volume controls can only lower the level, as that's how they work, so what I think you need is headphones that are far too loud at full volume so you're listening somewhere around half-way on the volume control so that still gives you some adjustment up or down.

My experience of Wireless headphones hasn't been good, they either have limited range and/or are limited in sound quality, but things may have improved in recent years. You may get a better response asking on a more headphone-orientated forum such as Head-Fi.org although you might just get too much (conflicting) help there.

Good luck with your quest.

S.

Sergeauckland, May 5, 2021
Ask a Question