Hello all. Audio beginner, very much on the low end seeking advice.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ScottT, Jul 8, 2022.

1. ScottT

ScottT

Dear Audiophiles, I thought this would be a good place for some advice.

I bought on the advice of an audiophile acquaintance, an Azur Cambridge Audio 640A amp. A friend generously sold me some Kef Cresta 10s for £20. Amazing. It sounded lovely. I found another pair of the same speakers for £35 at my local second-hand store and bought them for a relative. They were faulty. Sure enough, I returned one of my good ones and kept one of the faulty ones leaving me with only one good speaker (I can't even...!) I have been looking for a nice replacement pair of speakers and found a forum entry which states: "...the Epos M5, Monitor Audio Bronze B2 or (for the brave!) the Triangle Titus as the best matches we have heard."

I wondered if you would agree with this judgement. There are options for all. The Titus' are probably more expensive than I had imagined spending. I would probably, given the option, go for something with perhaps a relatively neutral reproduction for production purposes, but that's not a potent determining factor. Any advice appreciated. Kind Regards, Scott T.

I will reproduce this in the Audio thread as well but thought as I was saying hello, it might be good to include my query. Thanks again.

ScottT, Jul 8, 2022
  2. ScottT

chris_w

Take a listen to the Dali Oberon 1's or for a little more the 3's. They are a good match to the 640A.

chris_w, Aug 2, 2022
Ask a Question