Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by raynor73, Apr 17, 2008.

1. raynor73

raynor73

I kind of stumbled across the forums whilst looking for a way to sell my ProAcs' Addicted after just 2 days. This is madness, as I really want to sell everything and start again!!!

Always liked music, but only really found hi-fi a few years back. Before that it was a mix and match from Richer Sales.

Anyhow, decided to treat myself and demo'd the usuals in the hifi shop that now only sells plasmas in Beckenham, Kent.

MF easy bettered Cyrus and Arcam (subjective opinion, so please no MF hate mail. Anyhow, I did'nt know they'd bring out another 197 products in the last 3 years then.)

Now up to Chord Blu/ Dac64 (rather nice), KW500 (VW Phaeton) but is still cooking and about to be modified by JS Audio so should really kick ass then and pair of Proacs which are just way to big for where my hi-fi is about to go (13 x 9 room) to keep it away from dangerous kiddies with sticky, pokey fingers!!!!

Wouldn't mind some ideas RE: Smallish speakers with a bit of welly (I like loud) but obviously quality too. Thinking of Benesch Arcs, but you all most likely know much more than me, so comments please!

Anyhow, that's my hifi life story, but somehow, I'm getting the very strange feeling, it's just about to begin!

Anyone interested in a trust MF308 or proacs, please see the classifieds!

raynor73, Apr 17, 2008
  2. raynor73

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

I see you have stumbled across a couple of other forums too ;-}

YNMOAN, Apr 17, 2008
  3. raynor73

raynor73

hell yeah!

this is exactly what I mean, they are very addictive. You must also frequent others too. My wife thinks it's strange the need for nice sound (can we not add a trade wives section!!!)

But now I've realised there are loads of people out there, so I can tell my friends I'm not 'weird' to spend £5k on a CD player etc etc

It's great just to read peoples opinions on stuff, and whilst I will always judge my my own ears (obviously, as I bought a KW500, and really think its rather good),it's good to get pointers in the right direction from others.

But i'm feeling a bit of a desire coming on, after reading stuff, so the lucky rabbits foot is gonna get dusted of,and come on lotto, just one little win, it's all I need!!!

raynor73, Apr 18, 2008
  4. raynor73

Tenson Moderator

You should stop reading now, while you have some money in the bank!

...and, you are weird. We all are here.

Tenson, Apr 18, 2008
  5. raynor73

Knightshade

Have to say Revel M22's would fit the bill.
    As for weirdness? Every hobby has it's train spotters....

Knightshade, Apr 18, 2008
  6. raynor73

Neil

Merlins - TSM or VSM.

;-)

Neil, Apr 18, 2008
  7. raynor73

Baudrillard

My latest spec Merlin VSM MMe's are for sale.

Baudrillard, Apr 18, 2008
  8. raynor73

Neil

If you don't mind me asking, Baudrillard, what are you replacing them with? I only have the VSM Ms and to be honest the only thing lacking to me was the big, "breathy" bass you only seem to get with large paper coned drivers. Did you hear Ms when you bought your MMs, I was curious about differences?

Neil, Apr 19, 2008
  9. raynor73

Baudrillard

Appropriate you should say that, as I've decided to keep my existing 15" tannoys. Just thought I'd mention that the Merlins were for sale (were referred to in earlier post).

Baudrillard, Apr 19, 2008
  10. raynor73

Neil

Well, Raynor, I'd seriously consider having a listen to Baudrillard's VSMs. I spent a lot of time trying different speaker flavours until I settled on the merlins. For info I tried pro-ac, dynaudio, PMC and Wilson Benesch as well as Art in my searches..

Neil, Apr 19, 2008
Ask a Question