hello , im new , and im after info on quad stuff please.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nobber, Feb 19, 2008.

1. nobber

nobber

hi, im thinking of buying some quad stuff but i dont have a clue what i am looking at , its the older second hand stuff im interested in , the radio/tuner pre/power amp set up.
    could i trouble you guys to run it through with me , also , im not very rich so how much would one be expected to pay for some quad bits?

nobber, Feb 19, 2008
  2. nobber

Neil

Depends what sort of sound you want - I've a 33/303 (pre / power) and FM3 in my "70s" fun system - I also play my ipod thru' it. It's great - not the last word in detail or dynamics but a very pleasing listen. The 33 is the weak point to be honest - the 303 is easily upgraded with a new powerboard from Net Audio which gives a worthwhile improvement (involves unsoldering / desoldering 4 wires to fit. 34 pre is nice, I didn't care for the 306 power amp ( a bit lifeless imo). Quad still service all the kit. Price - 50 to 100 for each 33/303/FM3 depending on condition and history.

Neil, Feb 19, 2008
Ask a Question