Help for options re: streaming!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jayroc5000, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Jayroc5000

Jayroc5000

Hi all;

I've got a Peachtree Nova 1st gen amp (55 wpc/8 ohms) paired to Sonus Faber Olympica 1's and a Paradigm sub; we are currently streaming Apple Music through our iPhones connected to an Apple tv into the amp via an optical port.

We are looking for as good sound quality as is reasonably and affordably possible with our current speakers and sub; assuming we stay with Apple Music, would we get any benefit in any of these options:

1.) Adding a dedicated streamer such as the Bluesound Node 2i or Cambridge CXN V2 to this current setup?

2.) Upgrading my amp (current DAC is the Sabre 9006) to say a Peachtree Nova 300 (with a Sabre ES9018K2M) and keep streaming from the Apple tv (i.e. no dedicated streamer but much better DAC)?

3.) Biting the bullet and getting the Naim Atom as a new amp/streamer/DAC? A pricy choice to be sure. Sound difference streaming Apple Music? Not sure.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jayroc5000, Sep 14, 2019
Ask a Question